Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day 127 - 170.0 PMS

Our entire household has PMS. I swear. My husband has been a complete jerk all day, even though he's gotten to nap through most of it; our son has had 4 diarrhea diapers (although he is still the happiest person I know, even when he doesn't feel good); and our daughter, who had 2 birthday parties today, was acting more like a 13 year old tonight during and after her bath, rolling her eyes at me and talking back.

I really, really want chocolate.

I've been strong so far, counting on my LA Lite chocolate crunch bar to satisfy that craving, and it has. I was at the gym for 2 hours, doing a cardio class and then pilates, so I got the endorphins flowing. It's almost bed time for Sophie, and I'll be starting a new chick lit book after she goes down. Maybe I can get some peace then.

It's been over two weeks since I completely stopped taking Lexapro. I had weaned down over 6 weeks and really didn't notice a difference, mood wise. Now, though, I can tell it's completely out of my system. The brain shivers have stopped (that took over a week to go away), which confirms for me it's all gone from my body and which makes sense, because this is the worst PMS I've had in years.

I suppose I need to break out the meditation CDs I bought a few weeks ago. Or go eat a Hershey bar. My thinner body would opt for meditation. I hope my brain plays along.

1 comment:

Grumpy Chair said...

Hang in there. My 10 year old is so sarcastic sometimes, it is scary. They get "teened" so early.

Last fall I bought some mediation CD's and subliminal weight loss ones too. I broke them out tonight to listen to tomorrow.

That is great you were able to spend two hours at the gym.

I love chick lit books, especially after a particular "thinking" read - what are you reading?