Friday, June 22, 2007

5K Race in 2007

One of my non-weight loss goals is to run a 5K in 2007. Um, it's almost July and I've not even thought about a race. I'm not in training or nothin'.

I've been reading about other runners here and here. Such inspiration! I've got to get myself out there baby! I am a runner, and I need to put my feet where my mouth is.

So, here it is. My pledge to run a 5K in 2007. This is a HUGE race in our city, as I'm sure it is in most cities now. Praise God I'll be wearing a white T-Shirt and not a Pink One, but you just never know what fate your body has in store. I'm running it, folks. Now I gotta go get me a training plan.

Somebody pass me the Advil and a bottle of water.

September 16, 2007
Komen Evansville Race for the Cure
5K Run/Walk -- 9:30 am
1 Mile Family Fun Run/Walk -- 9:45 am
Starts at Eastland Mall, 800 N. Greenriver Road,
Evansville, Indiana
http://www.komenevansville.org/

2 comments:

ws said...

First off, based on your running stat from today in your sidebar you'll have no trouble doing a 5K in 12 weeks. You are probably more advanced than a "couch to 5K" program, so you might want to try the Smart Coach tool on www.runnersworld.com. Either way, the komen 5K in S Florida is an excellent event with great organization and awesome energy, I've heard it is the same in other places.

Secondly, regarding your comment of "Don't you hate BMI?", consider this: I have a 27-28 inch waist and I am usually between a 4 and a 6 in most stores, assuming that the legs aren't cut too slim, yet, I need to lose another 5lbs to get to 24.9 on the BMI. So, yes, I hate it and once marathon training starts I can forget about the scale.

Grumpy Chair said...

You go girl! I decided to wait until I lost more weight because of knee pain I was suffering with on the nights that I ran so I will be cheering you on!