Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Day 109 - 174.4 So much for the meltdown!

So, whatever, 1.6 pounds up from Monday. The scale is an enigma wrapped in a mystery. I haven't changed my program or eating patterns. Probably it's mid cycle gain... I hope.

Last night I did a class at the gym called "Restorative Rest." It was guided meditation and it was freakin' awesome. I've never done anything like it, and I can't wait to do it again (in two weeks). It was all peaceful and energizing and I was kinda asleep but not, and a few times I really saw the images she asked us to imagine. At one point I was almost crying. And I was so moved at the end of it, so emotional and wrung out, and it was fantastic. She even gave us a Lindt dark chocolate truffle to "experience chocolate as it should be experienced."

Yesterday I also bought from Amazon a meditation book and CD that Meg over at www.iamthatgirlnow.blogspot.com uses, and can't wait to try it this weekend. I'd love to add meditation to my healthy lifestyle, and think it's something I'll ease into in the mornings.

Planning on running and weights class tonight, if DH can pick up DD from day camp. He's been studying for the Series 24 exam (securities manager license--it's a b!tch apparently) and has been pretty much absent from our lives the past week or so. The test is tomorrow at noon, and hopefully he'll pass and I can have my husband (a.k.a. the other parent of these two children of mine who truly does make an impact in their lives and mine that I only notice when it's missing) back.

HEM has new songs out on itunes that I can't wait to download. I love that group.

No comments: