Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day 71 - Bites of This and That

I posted a comment over on Jen's Weight Watcher's blog, which shows some of my frustration from the past few days:

"I have been taking bites of food lately-- a bite of cake at a wedding, a bite of the kids' breakfast. The bites are adding up, not just on the scale, but on the "it doesn't count" food intake list. I've even had two off plan biscottis at night before bedtime this past week. NOT good habits to be falling back into.

Emotional eating, stress eating, envy eating-- whatever it is, it's eating, and the Inner Fat Girl is smirking and hoping she's going to win the war. Let's tell the Inner Fat Girl that we love her, we
understand she has needs, but she needs to go take a nap because Skinny Girl lives here now. She may have lost a battle or two, but Skinny Girl's here for good and is flying her flag high! "

This morning was a tough one, after a difficult Saturday. Husband is sick with a chest cold and has basically been in bed for two days straight. My son was up at 5 a.m. crying-- I let him cry for 30 minutes hoping he'd go back to sleep, and when he didn't I got up, changed his diaper, gave him some milk in a sippy cup, rocked him a while, then put him back in his crib. He started crying again until about 6:30, when I got up again, gave him tylenol and his passy, and prayed he go to sleep. At 7ish, I asked my husband to get him because I'd been awake for 2 hours and needed to sleep (I didn't go to bed until after 11, and I need my sleep!).

So with my sleep messed up, husband sick and tired, and the baby a crabby mess, we skipped church. Which I hate doing. My daughter loves Sunday School and I don't like keeping her away from it. And I NEED church at the beginning of the week to get me some perspective on life.

On the food front, this lack of sleep, stress because I have no help with the kids, and guilt for keeping the family home from church-- all adds up to the slippery slope of WANTING comfort food. And I did the "bite" thing this morning-- a bite of leftover wedding cake (from my mom's wedding yesterday-- a post for later), a bite of toaster scrambler off the baby's tray. And wanting more.

So, I've read the blogs this a.m., and the baby's down for his nap, my little girl is making a masterpiece with Playdoh, and I'm going to do laundry. And now I'm feeling stronger.

Going to take the kids with me to the gym at 3:30 and I'm doing a power aerobics class and a pilates class -- 2 hours just for me and my Skinny Girl. It's not church, but I'll be working on my body which is God's temple and that's much better than communing with sugar and fat temptations.

No comments: