Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day 59

There's nothing like feeling like crap for a few days to make you appreciate your health.

I still have no energy, feel slightly feverish and achy, yet I came to work today and will take care of kiddos tonight. Fever has racked my body every night since Saturday-- freezing cold even under a down blanket and in a thick robe, then hot sweats when my fever breaks and I'm damp and disgusting when I wake up. I pray that there's no more fever tonight. It's really not pleasant.

I've had no desire to eat today but have made myself so I don't go into starvation mode and esp. so I don't get a headache from no food. I do have a desire to go to the gym, but what my mind wants, my body is clearing not cooperating.

Husband goes to New York for business tomorrow and will be gone until Sunday, so I'm a single parent for a few days. My daughter's school play is Friday (she sings and dances with her class--she's a Rocketship). Husband will miss it, unfortunately. Saturday I'm going to my sister's house for a garage sale. I'm supposed to be bringing my stuff to sell, but have done little to get ready for it. As I'm feeling crummy still today, I doubt that I'll do much more.

I'm mentally gearing up to lose another 10 pounds-- I really really want to be down to 175. That's a significant milestone. It means I'm close to being in a size 12. 10 pounds by June 1 is a totally doable goal, so that's what I'm shooting for.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

It is so hard to be sick when you are MOM - don't you think? Nothing stops - somehow you are supposed to do everything that you normally do - and feel terrible on top of it. And husbands do tend to leave town at the most unfortunate times. Hope you feel better. I'd tell you to just forget about the garage sale - but maybe you'd feel better if you picked out a couple things that were really bugging you and called her to see if she would come get them. . .