Monday, April 16, 2007

Day 58 - sick day

Had a flu-like virus that has kept me down today. Fever, chills, aches, ugh. I hate being sick. I even went to the doctor, since I had to miss work and wanted to make sure it wasn't something besides a virus. Yep, it's a virus, he said.

Friday was a great day-- My birthday! It was a day of beauty for me, first getting my eyebrows done with permanent makeup... I have tweezed away my eyebrows into oblivion, and decided to get them tattooed back on (they look great, by the way, even though it hurt like heck). Then I had a massage and a facial, then went to the gym, then out to dinner and a movie with my husband (saw "The Hoax," which was really fun). It was a great day.

Sunday I took a Pilates class at the gym and loved it! I hope to add that class to my weekly routine, since it's really a nice way to end the weekend from 5-6 p.m. and better than my typical lazy Sunday afternoon routine.

I've gained a pound, not exactly sure why. I did eat an extra fruit on Saturday and an extra protein on Sunday, and I'm probably retaining some water. I'm not freaking out about it, just pondering the scale's number for the past few days. 186 today.

I still feel crummy, although I did pick up kids after school/daycare, and have been out of bed for the past hour. I think I'm quickly running out of what little steam I had.

Dinner will be broccoli and salad, and lots of water. Gotta get more poundage off this week.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori G. said...

Happy Birthday!!

I'm sorry you were sick and I hope you're better.