Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Day 45

A new number on my scale at home this morning - 188. Only 3 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight before Sophie, which I haven't weighed for 4 or 5 years which was after I did the Atkins diet (that loss didn't last long).

I pulled out some of my size 14 clothes from 5 years ago, and am wearing a pair of pants I bought from JC Penney. They're cotton, chocolate brown, and are snug but they fit. I'm so happy to be in them.

After my 14s get loose in 10-15 more pounds, I'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe. I haven't been a size 12 for almost 10 years; those clothes got donated to a yard sale ages ago. That shopping trip is going to be fun. And, it's going to be soon! Probably in just two or three months, mid summer.

Speaking of yard sales, my sister is having one on 4/21. She asked me to bring any stuff over I have, which is perfect timing since I can get rid of all my size 16 clothing. It's NOT staying in my closet. First, I have a tiny closet, not a walk in, and there's no room. Second, I don't want those clothes around as a safety net. I'm not gaining this weight back. No no never never uh uh uh.

Gym yesterday-- 2 miles in 27 minutes. I was kickin' it! I ran the last 5 minutes straight at 5 mph. It felt great. I'm surprised how my muscles and heart remember the running. It's going to just keep getting easier the more weight I lose.

This afternoon-- getting my nails done and then going to the gym. Tonight, hope to work on cleaning stuff out of the closets for the yard sale.

No comments: