Monday, April 23, 2007

Day 65 - week 10

This is the beginning of week 10 with LAWL. I'm .8 pounds away from a total of 20 pounds lost. Today's official weight was 187.8 (home scale = 184.5). I am almost 1/3 of the way there. And I'm still on track and even getting more into exercise and feeling better, so the food demons are staying away.

Pilates again on Sunday night. It was a tough class but gosh I love making my body work like that. I'm planning on walk/running today and a trip to the grocery store with the kids afterwards. I've eaten all the fresh fruits and veggies in my house, and not a thing went to waste, which is a new one for our family.

My collar bones are starting to emerge, not really visible to anyone but me, but coming closer to the surface. I've got muscles in my shoulders I can feel the curve of, even though the fat is still covering up the definition for the outside world to see. My calf muscles are visible when I stand on my tiptoes (I love that). And I can climb the stairs at our office in heals while loaded down with my laptop, purse, and bag, and not feel like my legs are going to give out.

I can only imagine how different my body will look and feel in another 10 weeks. Picture it:
Scale = 165 pounds
I can run 3 miles at a time-- my first 5 k!
I've got collar bones!
My original wedding band and engagement ring fit again.
I've got a new bathing suit from Land's End in a size 14 (maybe even a 12) that looks great on me.
I wear shorts and skorts all the time to show off the muscles in my calves and quads.
Sleeveless shirts are the norm in my summer wardrobe.
I wear my hair pulled back and off my face because I no longer hide my double chin with my coif.
I'm in the gym 5 or 6 days a week, and it's my favorite part of the day.

Yep, this is going to be ME the week of July 4. I'm sure to enjoy the fireworks and pool parties more than ever.

No comments: