Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Day 53 -- Meltdown Plan

Yesterday I started my two day "Take Off" plan with LAWL. Today I was rewarded at weigh in with a 2 pound loss. The loss is partly that I had let myself get very dry--drinking very little water before weigh in. Usu. I'll have had 2-3 cups of water in the a.m. and don't eliminate it all before weigh in. But hopefully it's a loss that will hold the rest of the week. A total of 18 pounds.

Here's the Take Off plan (for Vickie =).
Breakfast= 8 oz Take Off juice (OJ blend with vit/min)
AM Snack=8 oz TO juice and LA Lite protein bar
Lunch=3 oz protein and 1/2 cup cooked green veggies
PM Snack=8 oz TO juice and LA Lite protein bar
Dinner=3 oz protein (same type as lunch) and 1/2 cup cooked green veggies
1/2 tsp Morton Lite Salt for potassium
Lots of water

This is the 2nd time I've done this plan, and it's not easy, but by day 2 I'm pretty used to it. And when it's over, I'm thrilled at how MUCH food I have to eat on my regular plan. That's the best part of this, I think-- that is makes me appreciate the healthy food I'm eating every day.

This modified juice fast is nothing like the Master Cleanse, which is what some people have done with success, including my husband, which is how I know about it. The Master Cleanse is brutal-- NO FOOD. It's a true liquid fast and supposedly your body gets what it needs from the water-lemon juice-maple syrup-cayenne pepper concoction that you drink. I don't remember how many ounces of this drink my husband had each day, but he lived on it for 10 days. It actually got him through a difficult time getting off of nicotine gum, caffeine, and junk food. He used to consume massive amounts of Diet Mt Dew and Nicorette, and the "all or nothing" of the fasting diet saved his life ('cause I was gonna kill him if he didn't stop with the excessive consumption of this bad, bad stuff).

The Master Cleanse is a paperback book you can get from Amazon, which we have and I've read part of and I think is pretty goofy in it's "science," but many people swear by it. My brother-in-law in Colorado does it on a regular basis, and he's in fabulous shape and extremely healthy (and in his 50s).

At the rate I'm going, finishing up month two on Saturday, I'll hit my goal in September, as planned. I'll be in a size 12 by summer, which will be a real thrill and a size I haven't seen in 10 years.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I have been pondering - a lot this week - why I started out the same as everyone else - and have ended up in a very different place.

I have people tell me all the time - "you are so dedicated" or "you are so strict" or "you have such will power" - I would not argue with any of that - I think I DO - NOW - but I didn't start out - any different that any body else in blog land.

I was better in some areas (drank water and had given up pop years and years before - and didn't eat fried anymore),

exactly the same in most areas (over ate and ate "uneven"),

and actually worse in others (ate OUT way, way too much) -

so still an "individual" with my own quirks - yes -

but "different"??? - NO.

And I have had lots and lots of people tell me that they have tried to eat as I do (I consider it healthy - others call it abstinent) and that after a day or two - they can't stand it.

Well, duhhh - after a day or two - I couldn't stand it either.

And after a week or two - I still couldn't stand it -

But I kept going - and every day/week it got a little easier.

And it is JUST AS YOU SAY - if you really scale it back - then you learn to appreciate NORMAL/HEALTHY. Both the food and the portions.

And junk tastes like junk and healthier stuff starts to taste GOOD.

And you just develop "a new normal".

Keep getting the support!!!! KEep doing what they say within the program - don't try to do MORE than they say (scale back too much) - follow the program as it is written and keep going to your consultations - and after you get to goal - keep going back - when you don't need it any more - you will know.

If you are mindful - you will know.

The trick (I think) is not to get too cocky and think you can ride no handed - when you still need to hang on and have training wheels.

You are doing so great - NOT because the weight is coming off - that is just a bonus - you are doing great because you are becoming mindful.