Monday, January 07, 2008

Day 319 - 153.6 My Year of Weight Loss In Review

My weekend was totally blah... we did absolutely nothing but church yesterday. Laid around and watched TV and read books. I ate Moe's burritos and chips for lunch and dinner, so I definitely have some extra weight today. The weather is weird here--it's in the upper 60s and humid. I'm hoping to get a run outside before the rain comes this afternoon. Tonight Sophie has swim class.

So, even though I'm late to the Year In Review bandwagon, I thought I'd recap for you my monthly weight loss totals, and how 2007 broke down into a 50 pound loss for me (at one point, I was down a total of 55 pounds, but I had some gains). It was steady, consistent loss that made it happen.

My starting weight at LA was 207.2 pounds.

February - 7.6 .... I start writing in this blog in earnest, tracking my days and recording my weight.

March - 6.8 ....I start working out. I walk/run on the treadmill, take group exercise classes, and track my workouts and progress in Excel.

April - 5.8 .....I run a mile straight through without walking (@12 min/mile) for the first time.

May - 8.2 .....I get into size 12 pants.

June - 6.4 .....I hit my half way mark of 175 pounds. And I run for 2 miles straight without walking.

July - 5.4 ....I get serious about running and training for a 5K. I even do Fartlek runs and run 1 mile in 10 minutes.

August - 5.2 ....Size 10s fit easily and I can wear some size 8s.

September - 5.4 .....I race my first 5k in September, finishing in 32:03. My gym has a fire and I start running outside all the time, which spurs my running on to new levels.

October - 1.4 .....October's lowest weight is pretty much what I weigh now. I run my first 5 miler in October. I'm wearing size 8s easily and can wear size 6s from several stores.

November - 1.2 ....I run for the first (and only) time in the morning. I get new running shoes.

December - 3.2 pound gain ....I beat my 5k time (32:01). I run 7 miles for the "8 on the 8th" virtual race, and even though it's a DNF, it's still my farthest distance yet. This is my first month to have a net gain. Obviously I let the holidays have their way with me.


I am so glad that I tracked all this in Excel. It's helped me keep perspective when I've felt like a failure. Recapping this here gives me some renewed energy in getting to goal. And boy, do I need some renewed energy.

In other news, I've heard from a couple people in the past two days that LA Weight Loss may be closing. I looked on Google today and it appears that several franchises across the US have closed. I'll be talking with my center today to see if they can share the skinny with me. My guess is, they won't tell me anything. I may be joining Weight Watchers before you know it. I sure as heck am not going to let something like a franchise's failure derail my success.

Hope you all have a healthy, productive week.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

That's just amazing. Congrats again and again. What a great year!

Jess said...

Sounds like it was a fantastic 2007 -- cheers to '08!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's awesome and very inspiring. I did LA Weightloss a few years ago, but the office closest to me didnt last very long - the staff there was very green and didn't really have proper training. One of the staff members there overlooked the pizza I had eaten but argued with me for 10 minutes over the type of yogurt I was eating! (I was right, btw). I didn't get fat eating yogurt! I think if I had better guidance there, I would have done well, but it closed, so we'll never know. Boohoo :(

ws said...

great year in review Laura and good luck in '08...

now that Garmin quit on me I'm dependent on Excel again, could be worse...

Grumpy Chair said...

You had a great year and you were truly inspirational!

Marcy said...

CONGRATS CHICA!!! YOu have done ABSOLUTELY WONDERFULLY this year! Most definitely something to be SUPER proud of ;D ;D ;D ;D YAY!!!!

Pokey said...

Dang woman! That is an amazing year!!!!!! You should be SUPER proud of all you accomplished!!!

Heather said...

you have had a fabulous year! its amazing what you have accomplished.

apparently right now its just the ones that are called Pure Weight Loss that are closing (still have the colored plans rather than the #s). hopefully yours doesnt close, but I have done it on my own for a few weeks now and I am doing ok so I am sure you will be too.