Monday, January 28, 2008

152.0 - Weekend Stuff

Saturday was a pig fest. I swear, I just could not stop eating. Sunday morning's scale reading was 153.8. Thankfully the urge passed yesterday and I was back on track, and the water weight came off overnight. Back to my maintain weight this morning.

No running this weekend. DH worked all day and most of the night Saturday (hmmm... alone with 2 kids couped up in the house all day, is it any wonder all I wanted to do was eat?), and then yesterday DH came down with a major cold and was in bed all day. And I just was not going to put my kids in the gym's day care with all the germs out there right now. I'm highly paranoid they are going to catch something again.

I did do something uncharacteristically productive yesterday--I cooked! Yes, an actual homemade dish from a recipe. I've been perusing Roni's new site, and found a recipe I thought I could manage and looked delicious (I'd never cooked spaghetti squash before, but her video made it look easy, and it is). I highly recommend this recipe. I ate it as a side dish with a ground turkey burger (no bun, just the turkey). I've got lots left over for lunch this week. I can't wait to make the zucchini & black bean filling for tacos, which is next on my list to try.

Sophie has swimming class tonight, and I'm planning on getting some running in while she's in the pool. Luke will have to go to the day care, so I'm praying he'll be okay and not pick up any germs. I'll wipe him down with antibacterial wipes after. Fingers crossed he'll stay healthy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will definitely be checking out that blog :-)

I hope the children stay germ free :-) Maybe after being sick so much though they have a super strength immune system against ALL colds :-)

Grumpy Chair said...

Man you can lose that water retention quickly!

I worry about Grumpette getting sick at the Y, but it might help build up her immune system before Kindergarten.

Enjoy your run.

ElleTeeJay said...

I couldn't get to the gym this weekend, either. Bummer.

Good luck getting it back on track this week. I'm going to be doing the same.