Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back at work, Kids on the mend

I took Sophie to the after hours clinic last night after she continued to run a fever around 101*, and I'm so glad I did. She has strep throat, which is treated with antibiotic and she was already feeling better this morning. She's home from school because of the 24 hours fever free rule, and my mom was generous enough to take a vacation day to keep her so I could go to work. Mom knows how precarious my mental health has been lately and figured I needed her help more than she needed a relaxing day off. She's a saint, I tell ya.

And I'm swamped, since I've been out of the office this month more than I've actually worked. It's good to be here and feeling better, and knowing my kids are on the mend.

Jess, I love the idea of a "flea dip" for kid's illness. That's definitely what they need. Vickie, I wish oh wish I had the time or energy to keep my house that clean and disinfected. No doubt it's why we are all sickos. I suppose it's just like anything--you put the effort in on the front end so it doesn't take so much time on the back end, but we've just been snowed under on all fronts and got into survival mode.

I hope to catch up with you all soon. One of these days I'll have a run report again....

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm dying at the flea dip!

Vickie said...

I am not suggesting that the whole house has to be clean - but I have a thing about illness and those common touch things - like toilet handles and faucets and doorknobs.

Jess said...

Excellent, I'm glad you like it. Now, let's pantent it and start making some $$$ off the idea!