Monday, January 21, 2008

152.4 - A productive day at home, but we still got the ick

It's a stay home day, as Sophie likes to call them, thanks to the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. I could have taken Luke to the sitter's (he's been feeling better since Saturday morning, thank goodness), but just kept them both here for a day of staying in our PJ's.

I've not been lazy, however. As pathetic as it is, the Christmas decorations were all still up (with the exception of the tree, and it was only down because it got knocked over on Christmas night and we had to put everything away). I was truly beginning to think it would be Christmas at Valentine's Day around here.

But thankfully either the antidepressant is starting to work a bit or else I just am tired of being a lump on the couch, and I got busy and put everything away. We are clean and back to normal. Well, at least there are three rooms that are clean. The bedrooms and play room/formal living room (is that an oxymoron or what? but that's what it is) are all disasters. They will have to wait for another day.

So I've not had a chance to run for almost a week, what with the sickness of the boy last week. And I don't know when I'm going to get back at it. Tomorrow, maybe. It's still a freaking germ fest around here. Now I've got a cold, and Sophie has a sore throat and has been running a low grade fever all day (is 100* low grade?) and complained of some dizziness this morning. That does not bode well for what the rest of this week may hold for her, health wise.

I am just unbelievably ready for us all to be healthy again. It is so true what they say--if you have your health, you have everything.

8 comments:

Marcy said...

I fell for you. It's terrible sometimes with the kids. One of them gets sick, EVERYONE gets sick. Hang in there Momma!

Sweet job getting those decos down. Hey if the tree was still up, you could've made it a Valetine's tree or something LOL

sheila said...

Laura, sorry to hear you'all are feeling so bad, but good for you on beating the binge. I didn't do so well, I had a major binge all weekend in Indy. I ate more in one weekend than I probably ate all last month. Sigh, Sigh. Oh well, back at it today, thats probably why I struggled so bad with my run today. Hope you get a run in soon. Tick, Tock. Indy is going to sneak up before we know it.

Grumpy Chair said...

You will get to run again, hopefully tomorrow. Glad to hear Luke is doing better.

I will be thinking about Sophie and keeping my fingers crossed that she will not be getting a severe cold.

All the decor was down on the first, and put away, and the tree down but in it's box (in it's huge long box)still in the formal living room - until who knows when Fang will be able to put it up between the rafters in the garage. Maybe I can upholster the box and make it into a nice long loveseat.

Pokey said...

You know, they say that running actually helps boost the immune system --- so if you dont have anything major, maybe giving a quick run a try might help? It would at least give you a mental boost, I am sure!

I really really hope your kiddos get better soooooooon!!!!

Vickie said...

did you give everyone a new tooth brush, clean all the doorknobs and faucets? Are you having the kids change their pillowcases every day? New glass every time they get a drink, etc???

ws said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon...

Jess said...

They need to create a "dip" for children. Some kind of machine that hooks onto the back of their clothes and dips them in a vat of germ fighting liquid. And this "dip" would be mandatory once a month. Certainly that would help, yes?

Tigerlilly said...

I heard Jillian Michaels say that if your cold is in your head, you can still run... but if you have a cold in your chest, then lay in bed... But with sick kids, well, neither one of those work, huh?

I hope you guys start kicking all this crud soon. I've been lucky so far this winter...

by the way, I quoted you in my blog today.. I hope you dont mind!