Friday, January 25, 2008

152.0 - Hair Cuts Then and Now

Getting my hair cut when I weighed 200+ was not a fun event. There used to be something awful about sitting in my stylist's chair after a shampoo with my head wrapped in a blue towel. Without my poofy 'do to balance out my puffy face, I felt exposed and extra super fat sitting in the swivel chair in front of the giant mirror.

But yesterday my face looked normal and fine in the mirror, even with my hair in a towel. And the stylists just went on and on about how little I was. I have to tell you, it felt great. I'm thinner, yes, but I don't think of myself as "little." But I've been going to my hairdresser for over 10 years and she knows me well and is a speaker of the truth. So I'm gonna have to believe her on this one.

I've got my sassy bob back and colored it last night so the roots and gray are gone. I even feel lighter with the extra hair gone. Since around 6th grade I've been obsessive about my hair, so it's a big part of what makes me feel good about myself.

But now I don't have to use it as some kind of camoflage for my fat. It can just be part of what makes me, me.
***
I got a battery for the scale yesterday, so this morning I weighed myself with the expectation I would still be around 152, and looky there--I'm smack dab at my maintain weight.

Yesterday I didn't get to run (pooh) because of work stuff, but I'm planning on going today. It will be inside again because it's so damn cold here. I never thought I'd see the day when I would be irritated at not being able to run outside.

Food was good--I was around 1800 calories. I wasn't perfect with the LAWL food list and exchanges, but so what? I'm not striving for perfection.

Which is obvious since I indulged in a cold weather lunch today--grilled cheese and chili. Yummy. I am warm and full and all toasty inside. If I figure out how many calories I ate, I'm guessing it won't be a small number. But whatever. I'll work it off and dinner tonight will be light.

Thankfully the kids are still healthy and life is moving along normally. No plans for the weekend, which is just the way I like it. Maybe I'll even get myself a run in on Saturday or Sunday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for new hair!!! Have a great weekend!! =)

Heather said...

i know what you mean...I always think I look horrific in the hairdressers mirror. I am so glad you have a great moment where you could look at yourself and like what you see.

sheila said...

Laura, great job on the three miles of straight running. Wasn't that the best feeling ever. I'm glad you got a run in.
As for the hair, I feel great when I get my hair done also. I'm about ready to start tanning. I feel so much better when I have a tan. Kinda weird I know, but I thing a tan makes everything look better. Great job on maintaining this week.

ws said...

glad to hear that the kids are feeling better...your weekend sounds like it could be calm and relaxing - hope you enjoy it.

Vickie said...

it is supposed to warm up here - so it might there too - yoga day at my yoga north studio tomorrow. youngest and I are going to one of the middle of the afternoon special classes (Sabrina).

Vickie said...

I guess that's not tomorrow - it is today - when you are up in the wee hours - it is hard to remember if it is before or after midnight. HAve a great weekend.

Sunshine said...

The Haircut.. Ah yes, so much more fun when you feel good about what you see in the mirror. Congratulations.

Marcy said...

I absolutely agree with Sunshine!It's feels soooo much better when you dig what you see int he mirror. And you ARE tiny! Silly!