Monday, June 23, 2008

Tonsil update

Sophie's surgery went well. We are already home. She's had a popsicle and 2 glasses of sprite and half a cookie. And pain medicine. She's watching a movie and resting. I'm hopeful she'll sleep soon until her next dose of pain meds at 1:15 p.m.

All in all it went smoothly. She was pretty uncomfortable for about the first hour afterwards, but then the numbness in her throat went away and she could feel herself swallow again, and the pain meds kicked in, and it was much better.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for all the helpful ideas and well wishes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went ok!! =)

Vickie said...

very glad to hear from you - I was wondering all morning - sounds like pushing fluids is going well

Marcy said...

I'm glad everything went well! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Grumpy Chair said...

Happy everything went well. Great plan for the delicious goodies for Sophie and maybe mom.

You are doing so great!

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Good luck with the tonsil recovery! We have been through a few sets of tubes, adnoids and tonsils and I really didn't like the tonsils. It took my little guy 14 days to get back to normal - but I think that was a fluke. But I did learn that keeping pain meds ahead of the pain for the first few days is the key - and especially at night. And then liquids or something to keep it moist. And last but not least - a break for mom. It was harder than i thought.

The other reason I stopped by was to ask if I could publish one of your posts from March about your Enell sports bra. Nancy linked to in a one of our forums and it was so well done, I would love to make it into an article on our Know How page. I would cite and link back to your blog.

Thanks and take care,

Amy
www.runnerslounge.com
blog.runnerslounge.com
amy@runnerslounge.com