Thursday, June 12, 2008

153.0 - Words of Wisdom

Yeah, that's right baby--153! I felt lighter this morning and knew the scale was going to be down. The last time I weighed 153.0 was in March.

There's something about the WW Online tracker that is motivating me. I like getting a smiley face when I've checked off all the "healthy habits" tickers for the day. I like seeing how many points I have left for the day or the week and also seeing how I get more points when I workout.

And POINTS have already infected my brain--yesterday as I was running in the 92* heat (would someone please remind me the next time I think it feels okay outside when I walk to my car and I think "sure, no problem, I can run in this, it's not that hot," that your body heats up about 20 degrees after you've run a mile and if it's 92 it's gonna feel like 112 outside after mile 1?!) and I had to stop running after 2 miles and walk a 3rd mile at a slow-assed 16:30 pace because I felt like I was gonna throw up--I was disappointed that I was only going to earn 4 activity points instead of the 6 I'd planned.

Yes, I know, I've drunk the Koolaid and I'm a lost soul.

Whateva. It's working.

Those of you who are in weight loss mode might want to read this post from Trixie Belden. In it she outlines the "secrets" to how she lost 90 pounds in a year and a half. She's been maintaining at around 135 pounds since January, so she's definitely one to emulate.

11 comments:

Heather said...

awesome!! so happy for you!

Grumpy Chair said...

That's great about your weight loss! I think it is great when we can find things that motivate us, like WW on-line is doing for you.

MCM Mama said...

Good job on the weight loss.

I ran three miles today in about the same weather and ended up throwing up on my front lawn. I think you took the smarter route...

BTW, I did the 5 things meme that you tagged me with...

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, I'm glad you found my blog. You read a lot of the same blogs as me, and I have checked yours as well. I've been a little jealous of your running! I have been walking seriously since starting weight watchers 3 1/2 years ago, but I was just recently starting to run, and was enjoying the challenge as well as the feeling of it. But then I hurt my back, and it seems that is one of the things that makes it worse. I know I am old (53) and still need to lose some weight, but it has really put a kink in my exercise motivation. Anyways, enough about me. Thanks for visiting, and I will check in often with you. Loved your comments about w.w. points! I still RELIGIOUSLY count my points, even though I've stopped going to meetings. I"ll have to check the online thing. I've never done much with it even though I pay for it.

Vickie said...

I don't think I have ever shared this - but I LOVE your weight amounts automatically included in your title each posting. I think that is brilliant and such an easy way to keep track.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on seeig the scale go down again Laura!

Jill A said...

Once you get the points in your head, you will never get them out! I still can look at a food and think, "hmm that's about 5 points" or whatever. It's an addiction! So glad it's working for you!!! Awesome!

Thanks for the link to Trixie's post - very inspiring!

Check ya lata girl!

Helen said...

Thanks for the link to Trixie and I totally get how you feel -- whatever it takes to jump-start the good behavior!! I'm not a person who does well for the long-haul on a strict program...at least not one that I didn't make up! ;-) But the rules (whether set by yourself or WW) really do feel good. :-)) Congrats on 153!

RunEatRepeat said...

Yeah, I do not like running in heat like that! It makes the run 10 times harder.

Ricki said...

Hi Laura,
Congratulations! I am still dreaming of 153. But that's another story. . .

I wanted to comment on YOUR comment on grumpychair's post today, since I'm the author of the raw bars. You could substitute other nuts as well without problems if those work for you. I'd try a mix of 2/3 walnuts and 1/3 cashews, or maybe hazelnuts and cashews. I think they'd still be awesome that way. :)

Jess said...

Nice job!