Thursday, June 05, 2008

155.8 - Oh my, what have I done?

Oh my sweet petunia. That weights class yesterday broke down a few (thousand) too many muscle fibers and I'm already struggling to sit down to pee.

And tomorrow, day 2 post workout, will likely just be worse because it always is on day 2.

So no running today, and I'm going to try like heck to find some time to stretch tomorrow and ease the soreness.

On the non-scale victory front, I ordered a dress and sporty tank top from TitleNine.com in size Large--based on the size measurements I figured I needed Large's--and they are too big. So Mediums are on the way.

Looks like I'll be starting training back up in mid July for Evansville's Half Marathon on October 12th. I've got mixed feelings about training in the summer, because it will be a lot of indoor mileage. It's already hit the low 90s and is way to humid to run in the afternoons. Or, I may have to figure a way to get my tired ass out of bed in the morning for a.m. runs. Who knows? Anything's possible.

In other random "what I do when I sit on my behind" news, I'm officially addicted to "The Wire." I'm on season 2 and while it's not as good as season 1, it's still got me hooked. I'm trying to ration myself to 1 or 2 episodes a night with this one (last weekend I watched 6 hours straight to finish off season 1). But it's tough to stop watching Dominic West. That boy is fine.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

my obliques are still SORE - hurt to touch - hurt to use - and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Because, luckily - I know that it was the kick board and the alternate side kicking - because that was the only NEW thing I did that particular day.

Grumpy Chair said...

Ouch on the soreness!

I'm going to have to check out "The Wire". There is nothing to watch on tv during the summer.

Helen said...

I love that muscle soreness...it reminds me that I am doing good stuff for my body. I'll probably get some myself tomorrow after a 3+ hour yoga seminar. :-)

Jess said...

I know that exact kind of soreness. Slip yourself a few Advil and take a hot bath!