Tuesday, June 17, 2008

151.2 - Bra-less

Saturday night we took the kids to the drive in movie to see "Kung Fu Panda" (which was most excellent, BTW, and I highly recommend it for kids and grown ups alike). I wrote about this last summer...we have a drive in about 40 minutes away and on nice summer nights, you can't beat it for a family evening together.

What was special about the night for me, other than spending Father's Day eve with my fabulous family, was that I went bra less. Yes, my 34D's were technically sans bra.

I wore my new Sporty Spice top from Title 9,

which shows off my shoulders and back muscles. It was hot and muggy so I wanted to be cool (although, by 9:30 it was breezy and I was a little chilled, which doesn't happen often in So. Indiana in the summertime), but I also wanted to test-drive the shirt in a setting where I knew I'd likely not run into anyone we know.

Never in my adult life have I not worn a bra in public (other than with swimsuits, of course), and I've never worn a shirt so revealing of my arms and back, either.

It was freaking awesome.

The weights classes are defining my upper arms and running has given my upper back a nice primer in definition already. The Girls are getting smaller too, I guess, because the size Medium shirt held them up and in nicely. DH said I looked really cute, too.

Non-scale victories like this are so motivating. I can't wait to load up the barbell and wail on my shoulders and lats again Wednesday night.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

woowoo sexy mama!!!

gotta love those NSVs!!

My girls wouldn't know what to do if I went outside without the sling!

Anonymous said...

Laura,

It sounds like you've had scale victories and non-scale victories this week -- I've just caught up with your Monday post as well.

Many congrats on reaching the new low of 151.2 lbs!

I didn't know that us "well rounded" (C cup and above) ladies could ever go bra-less?

Perhaps if they are perky enough you can !!!

Best wishes,
Sharon

Jess said...

Good for you!

Vickie said...

very cute top!

Grumpy Chair said...

Nice top. I bet you looked so cute!

Marcy said...

Oooooo that top is very cute! Look at you getting all dangerous ;-)

I used too go braless a lot, when I had perkier boobage. Now? Oh no, no, no, no LOL

Anonymous said...

Laura, that top is SOOOO cute. I'm afraid my girls won't get this opportunity (in public) in this lifetime, but they get plenty of free time at home. alone. in the middle of the forest.

Megan Hall said...

Holy cow! That's amazing! Was it truly supportive enough?

Cindy said...

How cool is that. I am still a little uneasy about my arms and upper back, but working on it. The top looks so cute and what a huge victory to be able to wear it!!! good for you!!!!

Helen said...

VERY cute top! I'm happy to be back in sport tops (with really good support) without a bra this summer. :-) Now I just have to get my wrist better so I can work on definition on my upper body...I can feel it slipping away daily. :-(

P.O.M. said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhh, that is soooo awesome! Congrats to you and the "girls."

Nancy said...

YOWZA~! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

good for you. I had JJ cups and could not wear a bra because the pain on my shoulders, back, under the tits, etc whereever the bra dug in. Imagine what these would have loked like. I did get a breast reduction down to very perky d cups. I still vcannot tolerate the discomfort of a bra, but sure like the attention I get when I flaunt my girls. It is a real confidence builder to be just about 40 and have the boobs like I never had when I was 18.