Here it is, February 2nd already and it's time to break out the New Year resolutions.
What's that, you say? I'm supposed to have done those a month ago? Well, not in my little world. I hereby declare that January sucks, and I'm not falling down that rabbit hole of failure. February 2nd is one of my favorite Non-Holidays of the year, primarily because I adore Bill Murray and the movie he made about it.
So without much deep thought and a few minutes to kill (and really, why put that much effort into this when who the heck knows what the year will hold?), here are my Groundhog Day Resolutions:
1) Stay in my skinny clothes, whatever it takes. I will not outgrow my size 8s (and let's not forget those few 6s that fit!).
2) Run a couple half marathons. Yep, that's right. I'm gonna run two of them. One in May in Indianapolis, and one in October in my hometown.
3) Cook more often, with actual real food. I have been a slave to easy food for way too long. And when I do cook, it's on the Foreman grill and the microwave, which barely counts. Roni's site has gotten me off to a great start this year. I've already made 3 recipes, and will make the vegetarian chili this weekend.
4) Be nicer to my husband. This one's gonna take some work, as I tend to be a cranky bitch when I'm tired and overwhelmed, which has been a lot lately.
5) Play with my kids more. Mom always has to get things done--there's the laundry, the dishes, the mess the kids just made of their toys all over the family room floor. I will take more time just to BE with my little ones. They aren't going to be little much longer.
6) Work on my scrapbooks. I still haven't finished Luke's 1 year book (and he's almost 2 and a half) and my supplies and pictures are a disaster. I absolutely loved the creative outlet I used to enjoy from scrapbooking. So it's time to get back to it and have some fun and create some memories that last.
7) Read the Bible on a regular basis. Yes, folks, I'm a Christian. I'm a Presbyterian USA Christian, so it's not an IN YOUR FACE kind of thing for me. And even though it's not a blog topic either, it's a priority and one that's gotten lost lately.
8) Get a massage or facial at least twice this year. Man, I need some pampering and I need it bad. How's next week sound to you?
9) Change the oil in my car every 3,000 miles. Seriously. That VUE needs to last me a long time. Cars are so freaking expensive. What's so hard about getting your oil changed? Just do it already.
10) Take a family vacation somewhere at least 4 hours away and enjoy myself. Every family needs to get away, but even when we do I tend to be a big ball of stress about it all. This year I'd like it to be just the four of us and all about fun and relaxation.
So there's the Big TEN, because it ends in a zero and that's the way these things work. I'm not going to get into specifics like "workout with weights twice a week" or "save for a trip to Disney World" because I've learned that life just gets in the way sometimes. And I'm done with feeling like a failure.
The Big Picture goals, though, I can get behind. And Godwilling, I'll meet them 100%. But if I don't....there's always next February 2nd.