Tuesday, February 26, 2008

153.8 - No Sleep & Retail Therapy

I hate not being able to sleep. Usually I can sleep through anything. But lately, whether it's the antidepressent causing it or something else, I will have nights where I fall asleep briefly, then wake up and can't fall back to sleep. I started to detail my fitful night last night, but then realized it's completely asinine and boring. The highlight is that I ate ice cream and two WW cakes at 4:30 a.m., because I was angry. Stupid, emotional eating. I was mad that I was awake and knew the morning was coming too fast.

And it was a rough morning, at that. I had no patience with the kids. And then I get to work and have a bunch of crap to deal with.

So at lunch I engaged in some retail therapy. I got a ton of clothes at Dillards, all marked down at least 50%. A pair of Pendleton slacks that were $144, I got for $36. The same for a Pendleton skirt. A lot of Ralph Lauren tops. I didn't even count how many tops and sweaters I got. I tried on a ton of stuff (the pants & skirt are 8s and the tops are mostly Mediums; a couple of Smalls fit) and even some really cute dresses that weren't on sale and I didn't buy, but it was fun to try them on. I need a fancy event to go to so I have an excuse to buy a fancy dress.

I felt better in the dressing room, with size 6s and 8s all around me and most things looking good on me. I still hate my muffin top, but my body is a work in progress. Eventually my waist will come back.

I got in 3.25 miles last night in 35 minutes, in two segments. 1.85 miles while Sophie had swim class, and 1.4 miles after her class was over while both the kids were in the gym's day care. I alternated running hard (9:30 for .2 and .3 miles at a time) with running slower and walking fast. I like mixing it up like that for short runs. It burns more calories (according to the treadmill) and makes the run go faster.

My right hamstring was feeling tight this morning, and I'm hoping it's not an injury developing. I'll run again this afternoon and pay attention to how it feels.

And I'm going to bed earlier, falling asleep in my bed instead of the recliner, and asking DH to watch his TV programs in the family room if it's past 10 p.m. I need my beauty sleep.

6 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

I too had insomnia the last two nights. I think I am living on less than 4 or 5 hours of sleep in two days.

Tired means I will get the snackies, so I am drinking lots and lots of water right now.

Your shopping spree sounds like fun. When I worked I loved Ralph Lauren's stuff from Dillards (He carried plus size). I couldn't afford but just a few pieces but they were made nice and even the tee shirts seemed better quality.

I wish both you and me a good sound sleep of over 8 hours tonight!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear ya sistah! The hubs snored and coughed ALL. NIGHT. LONG. last night.

Maybe it's something in the air - I haven't slept well the last two nights and it's starting to catch up with me.

I would trade all the Girl Scout Cookies in the world right now for one awesome nap!!

Jess said...

Retail therapy is awesome, isn't it?

Nancy said...

6's and 8's would certainly help my outlook!! Congrats!!

Heather said...

ooo retail therapy is my chosen therapy! I can relate! itsnt it ironic how we used to hate shopping when we had to fit in all the bigger sizes, but now that yo uare in your 6s and 8s and me in my 14s, shopping is suddenly something that went from stressful to wonderful!?

Marcy said...

Nothing like some retail therapy to help a girl out ;-) And if it's on sale or clearance that is EVEN BETTER! It always helps assuage the feelings of guilt after I'm done shopping LOL