Thursday, February 14, 2008

150.8 -- Little stuff, big stuff

I am going a little nuts. It's Day Three of no school, Sophie's with me again today at the office, and she's going stir crazy. She was supposed to go to a friend's house today, but woke up with a 100.7* temp. She's feeling fine and I'm not sure why the low grade fever cropped up, but we don't share our germs with friends if we can help it. So I have her with me, again.

The weather is supposed to be in the 40s and the sun is out. It's possible we'll lose some of the ice & snow on the side roads, but I think it's going to take a couple of days to get them clear enough for buses to drive on. They're still pretty bad. Likely school will be closed again tomorrow, is my guess. My mom keeps the kids for 1/2 days on Fridays, so at least Sophie will get a break at home tomorrow afternoon.

I am praying I can get to the gym this afternoon. It truly amazes me how when I'm not working out, I'm a little bit crazy. I can't handle the stress of LIFE as well when I'm not getting my regular endorphin rush.

And I'm watching my Mini-Marathon training program go down the tubes as each inactive day passes. I've still got 11 weeks, so I know I can build up to 13.1 miles in that time. It's just not going to be according to my nice, neat little plan. And I can only pray that the rest of February, March, and April are uneventful enough that I can stick to a routine.

I miss routine. I hate being bogged down with all this extra crap right now. I just want my nice little life back.

I supposed I really should not bitch about these inconveniences. We have electricity. We have running water. We have warm clothes and a warm home. My children are (relatively) healthy. Work is going well, and we are getting new clients and bringing in revenue.

Focus on the big picture, Laura. The little stuff will eventually work itself out.

6 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

Not getting bogged down by the little stuff is more difficult than it sounds, huh? Here'shoping you can get back to routine sonner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

It's okay to be frustrated by the little things. You're keeping yourself in check from feeling like everything really will go down the tubes, so it's okay to be a bit bummed. :) But I do believe you can work up to that 13.1 mi run even if you have to take a bit of time off. And if it takes you a little longer to do it, well then, that's still AWESOME because think of where you were a year ago! (I have to remind myself of that sometimes. I go for a 'short run' and start to feel down about myself and then remind myself that what is a short run now was impossible a year ago!)

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel - hang in there!! It won't be long until we hear the birds singing and the sun shines all the time and we can actually go outside with out fear of frostbite!!

C'mon Spring!!!

Grumpy Chair said...

We are going to have two days of winter on Sat. and Sun (high 45 - which is very cold down here in Houston).

I know you miss your routine, I'm wishing for an early spring for you so you can enjoy the outdoors.

Happy Valentine's Day Laura.

sheila said...

I'm right there with you, I hate it when my routine gets out of wack. Your right no school again tomorrow. I did manage to get to the Y today for 6 miles on the treadmill, hope you made it to the gym also. Hope Sophia's fever goes away.

Lori G. said...

Everyone I know is sick to death of winter. I'm hoping you got to the gym and you have some fun times at the gym.

It's the little things that sometimes do trip us up but you're doing a good job handling it and being grateful for the other stuff. Is it possible for you to do something at home like with a DVD or something else just to keep you busy and active somewhat?

Hang in there, Laura!