Saturday, February 09, 2008

Feed a cold, feed a fever

Friday I woke up with a 102.2* fever. This morning it was 101.8*, so I figured I better go see a doctor and get some antibiotics. Sure enough, he said it looks like strep throat. So I'm on amoxicilin for the next 10 days, and hopefully will feel better by tomorrow morning.

I ran 3 miles on Thursday, but of course didn't do anything yesterday or today. But I'm feeding myself very well. Lots of comfort food. If I can't feel good, I might as well eat what makes me feel good.

My weight Friday morning was 150.4, the lowest it's been in ages. I didn't weigh this morning and I'm sure it's up because of the carb fest I've been on, but my size 6 Old Navy jeans fit just fine this morning for my doctor visit. So I've got a little room for fever feeding.

I'm off to take a nap now while DH takes Sophie for a walk. Luke is at my mom's for the night, thank goodness. I'm just not up to chasing a two year old around this weekend.

7 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Hope you feel better Laura.

Don't forget to eat yogurt for the benefit of acidophilus while on antibiotics.

sheila said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Marcy said...

(((HUGS))) chica!! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Heather said...

congrats on your loss, and I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel superbly better soon. Strep is certainly no fun.

Jess said...

Get better soon!

Lori G. said...

Get well, Laura!

Strep is not fun and I'm glad you went and took care of yourself.