Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 179 - 159.6

Two days in a row, I've been in the 150s. Yesterday was 159.4. But what do you know, I go to my LAWL weigh in today and I'm 162, up .8 from last Friday. The counselor--who I really like and respect--threw out the "P" word and said I needed to do the 2 day juice thing, where I eat 6 oz of protein, unlimited veggies, 2 LA Lite bars, and drink 32 oz of Take Off juice--that's the menu for 2 days--to "break the plateau."

So, okay, my weight has slowed. I went on vacation in July. The past 5 weeks I've not been working out 5 days a week, what with vacation, work, whatever. I have "only" lost 5 pounds in the past month (since July 20). But a plateau? Isn't that a bit much? I've always thought of a plateau as several weeks or even months of no weight loss. So, excuse me Miss LA Counselor, but I don't think 5 pounds lost since July 20 counts as a plateau, even if I did gain today.

Here's the thing-- those bottles of Take Off juice sell for $25 a pop. I have one at home, so I'll do the stupid Take Off this week, but they aren't getting any more of my money because of a non-existent plateau.

Okay, that's my rant. I'm done now.

Friday's run was excellent. I did my 3.5 miles and it was practically cake! I could have run 4. No running this weekend, except for some brief jogs while outside with the family yesterday. Sophie kept yelling at me to slow down. "Mommy, why are you running away from us??!!" So I didn't get to run much on the family stroll, not that I expected to.

Planning on something today, probably a 5K run, although my training plan calls for only 2. I just don't think I can scale it back that much. =)

The doctor appointment was fine--he was happy but not as impressed as I would have liked (where were the fireworks? the balloons? the streamers?) with my weight loss . I have to go get bloodwork done one morning, but need to fast so I'll need to write myself a note at night to remember not to eat, then succeed in getting out of the house in time so I can let the vampires take my blood before work and before I pass out from hunger. I really like my breakfast now that I stop eating around 8 or 9 p.m.

On a book note, I finished Anybody Out There? last night. It's sticking with me, haunting me a bit. It was a good read, mostly, but sad in so many ways and I didn't need sad right now. I'm just glad it's done. I'm re-reading HP book 6 next, since DH is finished with it and is now on book 7. There's so much in book 6 about Vold-, er, You Know Who (ha) that I want to read it again before the next movie.

No comments: