Tuesday, July 01, 2008

151.2 - Progress

Thanks so much for all your support. I did get a decent night's sleep--Sophie didn't wake up once (!), and Luke only woke up at 3:30 a.m. for a passy relocation and insertion. And I worked out 30 minutes on the treadmill (1.5 miles running @ 10 min/mile and 1 mile walking fast), and ate 22 points for the day. A successful day, at last.

I wanted to share my latest progress pictures. I took these Saturday in my Sporty Spice top. I absolutely love the clothes from titlenine.com. The skirt is lined with boy shorts, so it cuts down on the thigh chub rub. It's a size 8 and the shirt, which I had already bragged about to y'all, is a Medium.

It's hard to see, I think, but my shoulders and arms and back are really getting some nice definition from the weight lifting classes. I've done 8 classes in 4 weeks (and that's not counting the 5-6 weeks of 1 class each week building up to the Great T-Shirt Goal of 2008), and it's surprising as heck how much progress I've made in my muscles in that time frame. Weight lifting ROCKS.



11 comments:

E said...

LOOK AT THOSE ARMS!!! You hot mama!

Anonymous said...

Dang Sporty Spice look at you!!
(note to self: find weights class asap!!!)

Glad you got a good night's sleep - makes all the difference doesn't it?!

Marcy said...

WHooooaaaa Momma!! Look at those arms! You look fab-u-lous!! ;D

Helen said...

You look FANTASTIC -- and like you've got not a pound more to lose!!! Wow. I love that top. Went to the website and love their stuff too...wish it wasn't so pricey, but I'll keep an eye on sales... ;-)

Lori G. said...

I cna't write what my brain said so I'll PG-rate it. WOW, your husband should thank his lucky stars! And I'm so proud of you! And jealous of your arms!

WAY TO GO!!

You are a hot mama and make sure you send a copy of this to your husband with a dirty note and remind him you can mop the floor with him.

:-)

Heather said...

I think you look great! I am jealous of your arms..that is one spot for me that still looks horrible.

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! Yay for more sleep and getting back on track!

And if you find an answer to the emotional eating, I'd love to hear it. I'm still fighting that demon.

Vickie said...

amazing what a difference free weight make isn't it? Your definition looks great! And yes, I can really see it. Glad you got some sleep! I am very far past those days - but remember them well.

P.O.M. said...

Laura - you look so amazing! Just flexing in your mirror should be inspiring! (I always flex in the mirror in the morning.)

Nancy said...

LOOKING GOOD!!!

I'm right around 151 - 152 now too, but it's distributed so differently! ugh.

Shauna said...

laura!!! you look amazing. so toned and sporty! *wolf whistles*