Tuesday, May 27, 2008

157.2 - Birthday Cake - 2, Best Intentions - 0

So apparently I have absolutely no control over myself when birthday cake is around. And we had plenty of it around this weekend.

It was a Birthdaypalooza for Miss Sophia, who turned 7 on Sunday. Friday was her party, and of course there was cake (she had a blast--said it was the best party ever). And then on Sunday, Mark got up at 6 a.m. to drive to the Donut Bank Bakery to buy her another cake, because of course there has to be cake on the day of her birth.

I think between the two, I probably ate an entire 1/4 sheet cake. And I'm not kidding.

Cake is one of my trigger foods. And birthday cake especially because, Hey, It's birthday cake! And I only get birthday cake once in a while! And if I don't eat this now, then well will I get it again? Not for months and months! So eat it eat it eat it!!!

I threw out the remains of the cake last night, and took the garbage bag directly to the curb because, seriously? I could have pulled a George Costanza and gone back to the trash can to eat any unsullied cake in a weak moment. Cake is my kryptonite.

Yes, I know, I have a problem. And cake is not the answer.

It's back to normal now, and no one else in the family has a birthday until the end of July. Which is a good thing because it's probably going to take me 2 months to get over the damage I did this weekend.

Oy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the cake thing, and nothing's better than birthday cake (except maybe wedding cake- yum!)!!

don't sweat it sister, like you said, you won't have another one until July, so you enjoyed it while it lasted!! Good for you!

George Costanza! Ha!!!

Glad you had a good weekend!

Grumpy Chair said...

The sacrifices we make for our children. But seriously, Laura you always come back to your 152/153 maintenance weight around pretty quick. I'm always amazed at how quickly your water retention goes away, so you will be back down.


Yellow cake with butter cream frosting (oh my how I love yellow cake with butter cream frosting!) always kills me. I was able to turn down the baseball team cake because I was too busy cutting it and handing it out, plus it had purple frosting and that leaves you with stained lips.

Marcy said...

I'm the same way. With cake and cupcakes :-( Oy, oy, oy I hear you.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully those few pounds are just a "blip" on the scale and will have disappeared again by next week!

ElleTeeJay said...

To be honest, I love cake so much that I usually scrape off most of the frosting because I don't want it to sully or overpower the flavor of the cake itself.

Stick with it, girl. *smile*