Tuesday, May 20, 2008

154.6 - Bug Eyed

'Tis the season to get bugs in the eyes. I went for a run yesterday around 4:30, and it was cloudy so I didn't wear my sunglasses.

That was a mistake. They should also be called "anti-bug glasses" because if I'd worn them, perhaps the 5 bugs that got into my eyes (yes, I'm not kidding, I stopped at least 5 times to pull a bug out of one of my eyes) would have ricocheted off my lenses instead of swimming in my eye juices.

Lesson learned.

It was a good run otherwise. 3.25 miles in 34:34, avg pace 10:38. My short runs have become run fast/walk a bit to recover runs, and I suppose that's okay. I'd like to say I run the whole time, but I really really like running faster--Garmin is telling me I'm running between 8:30's and 9:30's on a regular basis--but I can't keep it up for more than a few tenths of a mile at a time. Then I'll walk a minute or so to catch my breath, and pick it back up again.

Wash, rinse, repeat, until I'm all done.

Even though I am walking quite a bit, I do like that I'm getting some high intensity interval training in. I'm hoping it will help me lose some more poundage.

I was successful in not eating a bunch of crap last night before bed or when I woke up in the middle of the night, and the scale was down a bit today. Now I've just got to keep it up and build some consistency back into my routine, and things will be all good on the food front.

Tonight I'm planning another run--the distance will depend on when I get out of work. Anything is better than nothing. Tomorrow I'm going to do another Group Power weights class. I'm very much looking forward to that.

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Ewwwwhhh that sounds nastier than when they get in your mouth LOL. I don't think I've ever had that happen before . . .that I can remember hehe

Anonymous said...

That happened to me once when I was water skiing: going along nicely until MrBug hit my eye at 35 miles per hour and then a face plant into the water - does not make for a good time. I do not recommend it.

Good job on the running! and on the not-eating-a-bunch-of-crap!!

LMI said...

Hah! Another reason to be glad I can't be a runner--the bug-free eye factor. Excellent.

Thanks for that:-)

Grumpy Chair said...

Ugh to the bugs! I have to frown now when I ride my bike because smiling all the time gives buggies an opportunity . . .

Best of all, great job to you on no night eating.

I hope you enjoy your weight training class tomorrow.

Nancy said...

Strange that they are so attracted to your eyes. Pheromones or something? :D

Sounds like you are doing great and in the groove. Wish I could find it.

Jess said...

They always fly up my nose or into my throat.

Vickie said...

sounds as if there might be a market for a super cool, stylish, light weight helmet with fold down goggles for all the bikers and runners. It could have a cell phone and sound system for music built in. Rain proof too. . .