Monday, October 22, 2007

Day 242 - 154.2 Back to Normal (with fingers crossed)

Sophie's back in school today, with a touch of dizziness when she wakes up and she's tentative for about an hour, walking slowly and ready for the dizziness to hit. But she did okay when I took her to school (she's still not ready to ride the bus yet). And the school hasn't called, so I'm assuming she's okay.

She had a good weekend--on Saturday the dizziness was gone by 11 a.m., and on Sunday by 8:30 a.m. Saturday afternoon we all drove up to Lincoln State Park, where her best friend's parents were camping and invited us up for her friend's birthday party and to Trick or Treat around the camp ground. There are hundreds of people there who decorate their campers and camp sites more so than most people do their homes. It was a blast! Luke was a clown (fitting for his personality) and he really got into it once he realized what was going on. Sophie was a Snow Fairy and just beautiful (even though, poor thing, her cheeks are puffy like a chipmunk--you would not believe how quickly the prednisone has bloated her body. Thank God she's not aware of it and at age 6, isn't that conscious of that type of thing). She and her friend enjoyed each other so much. It was nice to see her having some fun after being sick for two weeks.

Last night I finally got to run again. I went out at 8 p.m. and did 4 miles in just over 46 minutes. Pretty slow, but I expected it since I've been out of the habit for a week and a half. My eating has improved slightly, but it was littered with Halloween candy all weekend and not enough fruits and veggies. At least my weight is back under 155 again.

It's raining here today, so it may be the treadmill this afternoon. I'm not sure I'm ready to run in the rain, with having to pick up the kids after I run. Can you imagine having me soaked like a wet rat, with mascara running down my face and my hairsprayed hair all matted and gross, walking into Sophie's school? Talk about scary Halloween costumes!

Hope to have continued good news tomorrow. Y'all have a great week.

7 comments:

Tigerlilly said...

Yay! I'm so glad she is on the mend! sorry to hear that the medication is having such a terrible affect on her face though. :(

4 miles on your first run back in a week and a half? Your my hero!! LOL

Glad your back.. :)

Lori G. said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better and was able to have a good weekend (all in all).

Don't worry about your weight -- really, Laura, I think you've done pretty spectacular with food and exercise given how worried and stressed out you've been about Sophie (and everything else). You've really done a good job handling it -- think of how you would have been in the past. I love it that you wanted to run when you were stressed. That's a new step for you and I'm only sorry you didn't get to run as much as you normally do.

Hopefully, the prednisone will be out of Sophie's system. (Our pharmacy will doctor the prescription for children with about 50 flavors for a small fee. You might look and see if any of your pharmacies do that.)

Have a great day and keep up the good work. Stay well Sophie!

ws said...

hope sophie had a good day at school...

running in the rain vs running on the treadmill - we know what wins in my world.

Grumpy Chair said...

I'm so glad to read Sophie is beginning to recover.

Sounds like you and the family and a great weekend.

Hope this week is a good one.

Nancy said...

Sounds like things are coming around, Sophie, the weight, the running. Glad to hear it.

How about a running hat? I think you could get a way with picking up the kids :D Rainy is one of my favorite running conditions.

Marcy said...

YAY for Sophie!!! Sounds like so far so good :-)

Oooohhhh running in the rain is my fav. I love it (unless there is a thunder storm out LOL) I always find it so relaxing.

Jess said...

Good to know that all is looking up for you and your family!