Monday, March 17, 2008

154.0 - 7k race results

Saturday I ran my first 7k race (4.4 miles), and it was awesome. I finished (according to Garmin) in 44:48, which is an average of 10:10 min/mile and a fast pace for me on that distance. I only walked once to drink some water at mile 2. The weather was perfect--upper 40s, cloudy, very little wind and no rain, until the last .4 miles when it was breezy and sprinkly. But by then I was hot and enjoyed the cool air and light shower.

I met up with my friend Max again, and his wife Dusty joined us this time. Dusty and I ran together the first 2.5 miles, then she left me behind and finished 45 seconds ahead of me. Dusty had a baby 2 1/2 months ago and just started running again a few weeks ago, so the fact that she ran 4.4 miles without a walk break AND that she ran 10 min miles is too cool. To save my face (haha) I am justifying this newly post-partum woman beating me with (a) she is 8 years younger than I am and (b) she ran a half-marathon 5 years ago at 9 min miles. So she's younger and faster. And I'm totally fine with that. Really, I am. Not upset about it at all, uhuh.

My weight is up because I ate whatever the heck I wanted all weekend, starting on Friday night at dinner out when I had chocolate pie for dessert and a margarita after dinner. Saturday I had a slice and a half of Pizza Hut pizza (they are big slices). Then Sunday I had pancakes for breakfast and again in the afternoon (I have no excuses, just wanted pancakes), and I had cake at lunch and cake at a birthday party last night. I enjoyed it while in the middle of the sugar fest, but felt like crap every morning, all bloated and yucky. I'm glad it's back to normal food this week.

It's swim night for Sophie and normally I try to get in 3 miles on Monday nights, but my quads are still a little sore and the kids are worn out from the late birthday party last night (we didn't get them to bed until almost 9 p.m., and if I don't run then I will get home earlier and can get the kids to bed sooner), so I'm skipping my run and counting today as a rest day.

Last week's miles were 19.74, which I am very happy about. As long as everyone stays healthy, I'll try to get in 4 good runs this week. My long run is only a 6-er, and next week is my 10 mile run. I gotta keep everything injury free and healthy so I can keep up the miles. May 3rd is going to be here before I know it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm...cake...and margaritas...and pancakes...and Pizza Hut...and cake...mmm.

Good job on your race - that's awesome. I am in awe of you and your runningness!

Marcy said...

AWESOME JOB CHICA!! ;D ;D You are one racing machine ;D YAY!

Heather said...

well I thikn you are amazing and congrats on what you have accomplished! the pizza hut sounds sooooo good mmm.

Nancy said...

GREAT JOB!!