Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 261 - 152.8 New Day, Same Weight

I seem to be holding steady weight wise, which means I need to kick something into gear. Perhaps if my muscles heal by Sunday I'll do another Group Power weights class and a few weeks of that will help. Some speed intervals would help pick up my metabolism, too, I'm sure.

And I need to go back to basics--writing down everything I eat, sticking to my food plan instead of making it up on my own, and going to LAWL 3 times a week. I didn't go at all last week, and I'd say it's because I was so busy (I was--had an appointment out of the office every day) but the truth is I knew I wasn't losing and didn't want to deal with them right now. My food log looks horrible, not on plan for every meal. I just didn't feel like dealing with a "talking to."

Today I don't feel like being strictly on plan, either. My muscles still ache, although it's getting easier to sit down and pee (I need a handicap rail in my bathroom like we have at the office!). It's going to be a busy one--Sophie has an art class with a friend from 9 - 1 at our university, which is 25 minutes away but thankfully her friend's grandma is taking the girls out there so I only have to drive part way; and (please don't hate me, Tigerlilly) I have a spa appointment with my girl friends today at 10:30.

I had completely forgotten about it until Heather asked me last night at Group if I was going. I said I wasn't sure, I'd check with Mark, and he (bless him) said it was fine with him. See, our husbands--all 7 of them--got us gift certificates to the best spa in town for Christmas last year. As is typical for Moms, we are just NOW getting around to using them before they expire next month (truth? I used mine in April for my birthday, but they all have waited and I get to treat myself, again. I know, you all hate me now). It's for a pedicure, manicure, and facial, which I'm not all that jazzed about. I know, I know, I'm a spoiled rotten baby. But if I'm going to the spa, I want to get naked and have someone massage me all over. It's a group thing, though, and this is what the Girls decided. It's okay, really, I will enjoy the camaraderie. And the pedicure will be nice, especially, on my yucky feet.

Last night was a TON of work. Holy crap, 7 families all with kids, with Tacos for dinner where everyone brings part of the meal, is a lot of food and a lot of clean up. We only host once in a blue moon, and now I know why! It's a PITA. Thankfully, DH was on his game and a HUGE help in the clean up arena. The kids' rooms looked like a bomb had gone off, and DH started cleaning up an hour before everyone left (which was between 9:30 - 10:00p.m.) and I was working on the kitchen area with help from my friends before they left. And we both cleaned the family room/kitchen area (we have one big open room with a bar separating the two) and had everything back to normal by 11 p.m. I was asleep around Midnight.

Not sure if I'll fit in a run or not. Gosh, I want to badly, which is nice to want to. The spirit is willing, the body is weak. We shall see who wins.

***
Speaking of Tigerlilly, go over and give her a big pat on the back for having a stellar 2 months and an excellent weight loss result. She's sweet as pie and beautiful to boot, and despite her hating me for my cleaning lady, I think she's da bomb!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Holding at the same weight isn't a bad thing. Maintaining your weight can mean that you're still doing the right things.

ws said...

I've been maintaining (within about 3 pounds) for the last year...my eating habits are definitely the problem, but really, I'm too lazy to change.

you wrote: "My muscles still ache, although it's getting easier to sit down and pee (I need a handicap rail in my bathroom like we have at the office!)."

You must be prepared to a run a marathon because that is exactly what happens.

Tigerlilly said...

Awwwwwwwww shucks... I cant hate you now... have a great time at the spa!!!


((((((HUGS))))

Marcy said...

YOu don't know how jealous I am!! Urrggghhh I hate you LOL JK!! You have fun and ENJOY!! ;D ;D

Grumpy Chair said...

Hope your spa day was fun. I laughed when you said you received the gift certificates last December. I have thrown out so many unused gc when we moved from Tulsa. Shame on me.