Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Taxes (171.4)

I won't be around much the next few days.  I am compiling our 2010 tax information (because we are self employed, we file an extension every year) and it is due to the accountants on Friday.  I'll be eye ball deep in numbers the next 3 days.

A couple of notes:
I ran/walked yesterday, 3 miles in 40 minutes.  The sun was shining.  I felt much better afterwards.

I am not planning to do the half marathon in October.  I can't hang out in limbo land any longer, wondering if I can get it together enough to do the race.  It feels right to make the decision against doing the race.  I am not in my 30s any longer--I cannot risk injuring myself by pushing my body to get ready for 13.1 miles a little over 4 weeks.  It's not worth it.  I have the Princess Half Marathon in Disney World at the end of February to train for.  That is enough for me right now.

Mark has finally decided to eat healthier.  His brother had a "come to Jesus" talk with him when he was visiting from Colorado.  Both of Mark's brother's had heart attacks at age 52.  They were both lucky, because they survived their first (Keith had 3, the third of which was massive and killed him; Jeff has had 2 and had bypass surgery a couple of years ago).  Mark's dad died of a heart attack at age 50 when Mark was 8 years old.  Mark will be 50 next July. 

Now that his degree is finished & he's taken the CFP test and has some time to deal with his "afters," he's ready to eat right.  He is responsible for what he puts in his mouth, but I told him that I would feed him whatever I eat each day.  He puts his own breakfast together (I'm keeping cooked steel cut oats in the fridge); I bring lunch and snacks to the office, and then make dinner or have the fixings for dinner ready at home.  We have a gym membership, he just needs to start going.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

youngest is now running daily and doing yoga daily. she is also a vegan. she is 13, tell him.

Vickie said...

PS - I do not think no meat is always the answer. I personally do eat chicken breast and turkey breast. And I eat lowfat plain yogurt. but still - tell him.