Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Athlete Inside (176.6)

I made it to the gym yesterday. I left work at 3:10, which is crazy early (I had an appointment at 4:15 so I had to workout early), but I was NOT not going to workout yesterday. My husband is my boss. He knows what's going on with me. He wants me to work out as much as I want to work out. (& yes, I know how very fortunate & blessed I am to have his support.)

I only had 35 minutes. I hit the treadmill. I walked a few minutes to warm up, cranked up Third Day's album "Move" on my iPod, and started running. It's amazing what good music can do in your head to make your body move. This Third Day album has some rockin' tunes, & the message is meaningful, too.

I ran & ran & ran. I walked when I needed to, but mostly I ran.

I could feel her--that inner athlete fighting & screaming & begging to get out.

"I am a runner," she said. "Why have you left me in here for so long? I've missed you," she said. And then she finished off with "Now, get your ass moving & keep it moving so I don't have to beat the crap out of you."

I will be having a date with her again soon.

I finished with 3 minutes of abs & then stretching. I walked out of the gym feeling like I could conquer the world. The feeling pretty much kept me sane the rest of the night. I ate a good dinner. I didn't binge last night. I lost 2.4 pounds this morning.

All because of one 35 minute workout. Which happened because I blogged about it, & said I would.

That workout is the first of many, many, many more to come.

(I'm going to try the weight in the title thing again. We'll see how it goes. I think it helps when I'm losing, though. Accountability & all that. .

I changed the look of the blog a bit. Rearranged some elements on the side; updated my profile. I moved my blog history to the top....coincidence I blogged the most in 2008 AND was the fittest in my life? I. think. not.)

4 comments:

Jill A said...

Woohoo Sister!!!!! I am so pumped for you!! I think that snow is starting to melt a little. ;)

Love the new blog look - preeety!

Kara said...

Good job on the run! You can do it!! :)

Vickie said...

I had forgotten all about your weight/title thing. And it did work very well in keeping you focused. I think you and Helen and Cindy all seem to do better, stay centered, when you blog. I know I do. You aren't kidding about the music. (And it nearly kills when I am some where I can't move and moving music comes on. . .)

LMI said...

Good for you, Laura!

Listen to your inner athlete--get to where you can recognize that voice of the tigress. She is your friend. She loves you, even if it's tough love. She's the one you want to spend time with.

Nothing feels quite so good as saying you're going to do something, and then following through. Again and again and again.

Rooting for you!