Friday, April 04, 2008

154.0 - A Rambling Friday Post

It's late Friday (well, it's only 8:45 p.m. but that's getting pretty late for me) and I don't have much in the way of inspiration, so I'll just ramble a while.

It was a good day, busy at work but I had enough time to have lunch with one of my best friends that I hadn't seen in a couple of months. And I got a run in this afternoon. 4 miles indoors, 3.5 miles on the treadmill and .5 miles on the track. The kids are healthy and Sophie is spending the night at my mom's tonight; we have Luke here, because Mom wanted to have just Sophie and my 4 year old niece Jillian for a girls' night. (Never fear, little Luke gets to spend the night at his Mamaw's tomorrow night.)

Mark and I are getting ready to watch Atonement on DVD. He's finishing up a movie he started watching last night and so I have a few minutes here with you all.

Tomorrow I'm going to run 10 miles. The weather is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous, so thankfully it will be 10 miles outdoors. I'm a little psyched out about the idea of running for 2 hours, but I know I can do it. I'm just going to take it easy, walk if I need to, wear my water bottle belt so I stay hydrated, and enjoy myself.

Tomorrow night DH and I are going to a charity silent auction/dinner thing with a couple of our clients. I get to wear one of my new size 8 dresses and I'm pretty excited about that. It should be a fun evening, even though we have to drive about 50 minutes to get there (that's a long distance for us, since we can get anywhere in Evansville within 15 minutes; this event is in New Harmony, though, so it's a haul). Sophie will be staying with my sister (she's Jillian's mom) and the girls will probably be sick of each other by the time the night's over. I'm glad I don't have to be a witness to that.

My eating has been pretty atrocious this week, and I'm lucky I haven't gained more poundage. I've been an emotional eating machine, mostly PMS related but I think I also got in the habit of eating badly over vacation and it hasn't let up yet.

At least I've gotten in some decent mileage so far this week and that's kept the net calories down, but I'm going to work on my food intake this weekend. I've learned you can't "wait until Monday" to start being healthy. There's no time like the present.

1 comment:

sheila said...

Good luck on your long run tomorrow, I'll be thinking about you while I'm doing mine. Hope the wind isn't to bad.