I snagged this from Pokey's blog, even though she didn't tag me. So if you're in the mood, consider yourself tagged and have fun. I copied the list with no answers below, so you can copy to your blog and fill in.
Get to know your BF's (blogging friends).....holiday style. Let us all know how you celebrate this time of the year.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Mostly wrapping paper, but I'll use a gift bag if I've got one and it fits the gift better than wrap.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial--always has been, always will be. The smell of pine gives me a massive headache (tragic, I know).
3. When do you put up your tree? After Thanksgiving
4. When do you take down your tree? After New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? Never tried it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? For the life of me, I just can't remember any. I do remember really wanting a Bible the year my parents were going through their divorce-that-almost-was (they got back together after about a 4 month separation). I was in 2nd grade. There's a picture of me holding a green Living Bible like it was the best gift I'd ever gotten.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it's the Little People Nativity Set. The kids play with it and it is just the cutest thing ever.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He buys everything he wants for himself. This year he's getting a massage chair thingy, because he has chronic lower back problems and he'd never buy this for himself.
9. Easiest person to buy for? The kiddos.
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? My dad's wife (I refuse to call her my step mother; as a follow up to #6, my parents eventually did get divorced after 30 years of marriage, when I was 31) gave us a plastic rotating spice rack thingy and a cake baking set where the cake can be baked with a hollow spot to fill it with ice cream or other filling. I put them in a yard sale last summer, but I don't think they sold.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story. I could watch all 24 hours on TBS if it didn't drive DH nuts after about 3 hours of it.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December, and I have been known to do it all on Christmas Eve.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Of course!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandma's chocolate pie
16. White or colored lights? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells and Handel's Messiah
18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home? Stay home. We are hosting DH's family at our house for dinner on Christmas day this year. But at least once, I would absolutely love to spend Christmas at Disney World.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? If I sing the song in my head..."You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer..."
20. Angel or Star on top of tree? Star
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The stress. I mean, really, it's supposed to be all about Jesus and family and love. But there are so many gatherings and presents to buy--we have 5 events to go to including our business open house--that it just gets overwhelming.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The Christmas lights and holiday music. And of course, my kiddos opening their presents on Christmas morning. This will be a fun year with Luke at a great age to enjoy his presents. I hope Sophie is happy with hers and it' s not a "Is that all?" kind of year (insert holiday stress here).
Gosh, I didn't mean to be such a downer on my responses. I guess that stress is getting to me already. Well, Merry Christmas to you all anyway. I think I'll go eat some chocolate and take off my Grinch hat now. =)
EDITED LATER TO ADD: Guys, go give Jill a shout of support when you have a chance. She's a victim of the recent ice storm and needs some cyber hugs right now.
For your blogs....
1. Wrapping paper or gift bag?
2. Real tree or artificial?
3. When do you put up your tree?
4. When do you take down your tree?
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Easiest person to buy for?
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received?
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. White or colored lights?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
20. Angel or Star on top of tree?
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
23. What I love most about Christmas?