Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Day 285 - 150.8 Fabulous 3.1 Miles

I had one of the best runs ever yesterday. I went out earlier than usual, at 3:15, so there was daylight the entire run. It was cold--only 39*--but not windy. It was "only" a 5K, but I hit a PR of 32 minutes (3 seconds faster than my first 5K race pace).

Before my feet hit the pavement, I was in a terrible "I don't wanna" mood. I made myself change clothes and was this close to not even going. Then while talking with a client on the phone, I got a gander at my hips all spread out on my chair in my workout pants. Let me tell you--when there's nothing but thin black running pants on this body and its all slouched down with legs stretched out and nothing squeezed in, it's not a pretty picture. It was quite motivating, because I got off my butt and got out the door.

Obviously I'm very glad I did. Runs like that are reasons to keep running. The next time I'm in one of those moods before a run, I'll remember this day and find my motivation and make it a good one.
***
In other running news, the Indy 500 Festival Mini Marathon is sold out. I got an email today that all 35,000 slots are filled, with participants from 50 states and 8 countries. And I get to be part of it! Pasta Queen is running it, too, and we've emailed and I will hopefully get to meet her. How cool is that?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a little mirror motivation to keep you going!!

I love Pasta Queen - she's very cool. Not that I know her or anything, but I read her blog daily (just like I read yours!) and she continually keeps me lol-ing!

Jess said...

I always try to keep that same thought in mind when I don't feel like running, and it is helpful.

ws said...

great job on the run. Maybe that's why I don't wear running pants. not that shorts make the mirror any kinder.

Now you've got six months to think about the Indy half.

Have a great day.

Grumpy Chair said...

Wow you make running sound so fun! Wished it didn't hurt my knees when I run outside - don't have that problem on the treadmill. But that is motivation for me to lose weight so I can run in the great outdoors!

Tigerlilly said...

Those are the best runs.. you really feel like you've accomplished something!

Yeah on beating your best time!!

And Yahoo on making the race!!...and getting the chance to meet pasta queen!!

P.O.M. said...

Lucky lady! Keep up the great work. I'm feeling the 140s real soon!!!

Marcy said...

That was me today too. I REALLY did not want to exercise :-/ The alarm clock went off and I got my butt to the bathroom and was like "You sooo should go back to bed" Amazingly I didn't and I'm glad I got it over with because I'd have to be doing it as we speak hehe.

Unknown said...

i am so jealous of your run!

Nancy said...

Oh, I love it when it goes like it's supposed to. Good job getting out there! That is the hardest part for me too. The weight looks great!! I'm finally back to 156.

Keep it up!

Jennette Fulda said...

I got that e-mail too. Good thing we signed up before it filled up!