Sunday, March 18, 2007

Day 29

This has been a nice weekend. DH and I went to New Harmony Saturday night for a fabulous dinner at the Red Geranium and a lovely room at the Inn. Our 12 year anniversary is today, March 18.

Saturday I barely ate all day, saving up my food for dinner. I don't do well when I don't eat, so I felt a little headachy by the afternoon, but it was totally worth it, to be able to have a glass of wine, eat an 8 oz. filet, asparagus, 3 bites of roasted potatoes, 3 bites of dessert, and two of the best bacon wrapped shrimp I've ever tasted, and to still be on plan (mostly-- I figure the bacon pushed me over the edge a bit, but it's not gonna kill me). I drank tons of water that night after dinner to wash away the salt, and didn't feel bloated this morning. I had 3 eggs and one piece of whole grain toast with coffee this morning at breakfast; usually I'd have ordered pancakes or waffles and said "what the heck I'm on a minibreak" and totally blown it. Not today. Not on day 29!

Day 29-- almost a full complete month on plan. I'll fill in completely my monthly LAWL journal tomorrow. There are no "OFF PLAN" or "DIDN'T TRACK" days. Wow. And I'm down 12 pounds and five total inches. Those stats make it much easier now to keep up the good work.


Switching gears now. I'm reading Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat, Pray, Love," and just finished the "Pray" section, where she spends 4 months in India practicing meditation. Her descriptions of achieving higher levels of consciousness are simply spectacular. I want what she's having. I have no illusions I'll be going to India for 4 months any time in my lifetime, but I think I could find a way to learn to meditate. I found a website http://meditation.org.au/index.asp that has free classes online and looks like a great place for me to start. I was playing Class One audio and imagining a candle flame for almost 5 minutes and feeling really relaxed, just sitting here in the family room in the recliner. I'd have kept going but of course got interrupted by DH getting up from his nap. Oh well. I will find a way to get myself out of bed and start meditating as an early morning practice. I've got to find a place in my house to set up my meditation spot, which may be a challenge, but I'm not gonna let that stop me.

I'll have to post more about Anger when it's got the better of me and I'm in the mood. Right now I'm feeling pretty happy and relaxed. And ready for bed.

No comments: