Friday, March 16, 2007

Day 27

I'm on plan for 27 days. Today's weight at home is 191, down 11 pounds since starting at LAWL. Good stuff!

My food is going well, but I haven't started working out yet, which I will do maybe today. I have been carrying around a lot of anger lately. It's really eating me up inside and I've got to do something about it. Hoping the treadmill will help.

Getting my nails done at noon, and going to LAWL to weigh in after that. Plans for a Saturday night away with DH in New Harmony for our anniversary which is Sunday. 12 years. I hope it goes well. I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy toward him lately, which is partly his fault, partly mine. The anger doesn't allow room for warm and fuzzy.

I wonder if this anger is coming out because I'm not self medicating with sugar, flour, and fat? Is it bubbling out because it's not stuffed down? Has it always been there but is just now coming to the surface because it's not smothered in donuts? I wonder what else is going to come out now that I'm not numb from food. A little scary to imagine.

3 comments:

Kimkins Chick said...

I understand EXACTLY how you feel. I go through angry stages too (you can read that in my blog!) because I have sacrificed almost the one thing that made everything better, made life more tolerable. I love reading posts that I really identify with. Keep talking about your anger, write it out. I'm going to add your blog to my links. Feel free to do the same and I'll keep checking in on you.

Vickie said...

Sometimes I think that Yes, it is anger that comes out - but what it seemingly comes out (toward) isn't necessarily the thing that is bugging us - sometimes it comes out toward random or safe or etc. kinds of things - instead of the real problem. I think that stress often comes out looking like anger - but isn't.

Kimkins Chick said...

Will you post more about your anger and what it's all about? I go through anger at times, check out my posts, you may feel the same way. I wonder about it, wonder if it's about the sacrifice of dieting and exercising to get from A to B or a cover for something else much deeper that I need to be aware of...