Friday, March 09, 2007

Day 20, OP

20 days, on plan. No cheating. It's shocking. I've never ever gone that long, almost 3 weeks, into the 20s out of the teens, with clean food. When I grocery shop, like tonight, my cart is filled with the outside aisles-- I only venture inward for my pineapple cups, plain oatmeal, and frozen veggies/Amy's Kitchen meals. No more of the foods that held me prisoner. I'm not sneaking home donuts or muffins or poptarts or ice cream.

I look at them, though. Like tonight, Ben & Jerry's had a flavor I hadn't seen before, "Karamel Sutra." Ha, what a play on words. Yes, B&J, your ice cream was my substitute for the Kama Sutra for a long time. And caramel is one of my favorites. But no more. I will not have food as my secret lover any longer. I will not plan rendezvous after everyone else is in bed, or secret meetings in the car after shopping at Target. I no longer have no power over the donuts that go in my cart; I can say no and mean no. I look, but I'm not longing for it. Just surprised that a mere 3 weeks ago I was powerless to walk away.

So my dinner tonight was a cup of cooked broccoli, 2 cups of lettuce and 1 and 1/2 Tbsp lite dressing (Paul Newman, now you're a man after my heart.... your lite raspberry walnut dressing curls my toes). All measured, all on plan, and all very satisfying. Except for the last half of my LA Lite bar, my food for the day is done. And I'm fine with that.

It's surprising, but this strictness of food portions and rations works for me. With WW, I had too much freedom, I suppose, too many choices and too many ways to let the little demons in to screw it all up. Not so with LAWL. I have the bubbles to fill in to mark off my portions, and that's that.

So a total of 2.6 pounds lost this week, for a total of 10.4 since starting LAWL. Only 51.6 more to go.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

That's what I have found too - too much freedom was too much looking at/deciding about food. Set list - knowing WHAT to do - much easier. I will be interested to see what your health does and your little aches and pains - I have not had the flu or even a cold in years. . .

When you go back to "normal" or maintenance - WHAT does that mean on their plan?