Friday, February 13, 2009

Freakishly Flexible 5K-- For Nancy


Wanna join me in a 5k this weekend?

Nancy has been one of the most inspirational blogger's I know. She's upbeat, shares the running love to the point of putting in hours and hours of her time with many virtual races, and is all around a super cool chick.

So reading her post today about the official diagnosis of her hip problem choked me up. Running means more to me than I can fully express. It does to her too. I know she's mourning the loss. I know she's in shock. I would be. It's a majorly "life's not fair" kind of deal.

But I know she'll find her way back, through another sport that complements her body, because she is who she is.

Another blogger created the virtual Freakishly Flexible 5K race in Nancy's honor. If you go to his website you'll see that you don't have to be a runner to join in.

I'm running a 5k this weekend for Nancy. And thanking God every step of the way for my 38 year old body that can run, and praying that Nancy has a successful surgery & heals well, and then comes back & kicks some ass.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I'll be there! (or I should say, I was there HAHA)

Nancy said...

Ahhh I loved this post. I'm so glad you thanked God for your body that can run!! That is exactly what I would have hoped for. You are so sweet and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I totally cracked up at the part about finding a sport that compliments my body. I could think of all kinds of punch lines for that. :D