Monday, July 02, 2007

Day 135 - 168.0 Slowing Down

Down 1.8 pounds since last Monday, and 4.2 pounds in 2 weeks.

But only 4.6 pounds in 3 weeks. And 4.8 pounds in 4 weeks.

The loss continues, but it's slowing down. I really do feel lucky that my body continues to cooperate with me. Because, I know, it could rebel any day.

I've been averaging "official" losses at LAWL of 1.6 pounds a week for the past month. Which is fabulous, but I had been averaging 2+ pounds a week. And that's my PLAN, after all.

2 pounds a week = reach goal weight by September 21.

So in my screwed up way of looking at my weight, I've been kind of hard on myself about it. A little disappointed even. Wondering what I'm doing wrong and what I need to change.

Well that nonsense stops TODAY.

2 pounds a week consistently over 31 weeks is unreasonable. Frankly, it's bullsh!t. Who is LA Weight Loss to tell me what my body is going to do for me? All I can do is the best I can do, follow the plan the best I can, and my body is going to do what it wants.

Clearly, it still wants to lose weight. It likes movement and healthy food and it's being lovingly cooperative.

At some point in the near future, I know it will rebel. Not wanna go any further. Make me squeeze out every last ounce of loss so each .2 pounds will be a victory. So I'll have to push it and tug it along, like I do my almost-2 year old when I want him to leave the playground.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my lifestyle. It's not a burden, this new way of life-- turning down junk food and getting to the gym 5 or 6 days a week. I like putting myself first, making my health a priority. Thankfully I've got results now--smaller clothes, faster and longer miles--so the going is easier. And the rewards continue.

And when I start to whine in the future about not losing fast enough? Someone please knock some sense into me and tell me to snap out of it. Thank God you're all there to keep me sane.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

You are right - you really can't COUNT down the pounds - just look at staying the same and/or losing as victory. My son listened to Science Friday's "Diet" special last week and said that it is a wonder that any one gets to GOAL as that radio show seemed to really talk about the fact that our bodies have certain levels that each deem as their own stopping point. I haven't listened yet. He thought it was interesting.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11606653

Grumpy Chair said...

Great self-talk dialog. You won't have any problems keepin on this weight loss journey.

One thing I wished I would have done when the weightloss stopped: wrote down everything I ate. I realize now, that I was eating more. A lot more.