Monday, September 14, 2009

Surviving not thriving

God Bless Vickie for keeping us all accountable.

I survived the weekend, but I did not thrive.

Indeed, it was horrible.

And I just wrote a terribly depressing, long drawn out post that I decided you do NOT need to read. Shit, I lived through it once. You all don't need to re-live my misery vicariously.

At least not today.

The net net is this:

My husband is sick with the flu and an upper respiratory infection and severe back pain, and has been for over a week.

My daughter is sick today, not terribly and I don't think it's the flu (yet anyway) but she's at the office and not in school (she is easy as pie to deal with, so the only issue is she's missing school). My son so far is OK but has a croupy cough that I hope doesn't worsen. No symptoms from me yet.

There's a crazy amount of stress still in our lives and the illness & incapacity is just about more than I can handle.

Add to that no running, the strong probability that I am bailing on my half marathon, and the sad fact that I'm back in the sugar after one blessed day of not being in the sugar, and there you have it.

I have reached my limit and I need a break. I don't know how, I don't know from where, and I don't know when, but a break is without a doubt what I need.

So I'm praying for a break. I just hope I'm not so covered over that I can recognize it when I see it.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I thought about you all weekend. I figured it was probably still going on. At least you will all have good antibodies. . .

LMI said...

Hang in there--hope things get better soon . . . .

Erika said...

OY! Hope everyone is healthy again soon!

MCM Mama

Jill A said...

Oh Hon I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do! Darn these infernal state lines!!!

Just remember that you can always come here and whine and moan and cry and we will still love you!

I'll pray that God sends an angel to come over and give you a break, k?

Vickie said...

how are you doing?

do you get up each morning and calculate the score -
X# still sick,
X# on the med,
X# doesn't have it yet - ???