Saturday, November 15, 2008

Still in the Food, and Facebook Invitation

I'm still in The Food. I think I'm getting to the point where I'm just about sick of it. I think. I've yet to make my lo carb foods, and truly that's what's going to get me clean of the junk. I guess I'm more "all or nothing" than I give myself credit for.

Today should be a good family day. Luke's big boy bed arrives this afternoon. Don't ask me how I got away with this, but he's still in his crib at age 3. It's been really nice, since we just put him in and he has to stay put (never figured out he could climb out if he wanted to, what a good boy!). But it's time to move on to a real bed. We bought a full sized mattress & box spring last Saturday (nothing fancy, it will go on the floor to start) and I ordered Little Einsteins bedding which arrived yesterday. He's in love with the bedding, which is so cute. I need to go take down his crib and move it to the garage, and then go to the store and buy him two pillows since I didn't realize we don't have any extras. He has a little one he sleeps on in his crib.

Tonight DH and I are going to see the new James Bond movie. I so love Daniel Craig, and cannot wait for the movie. I've read it's not as good as the last one, but really he could just tap dance and sing off pitch and I'd still drool over him.

Are any of you on Facebook that I'm not friends with yet? In the MizFit's words, "please to" search for Laura _____ and invite me to be your friend. If you aren't on Facebook yet, what are you waiting for?! It's fun, easy, doesn't take a lot of time, and is a great way to connect with friends. I like it for the lightness of conversation, which is a nice complement to the seriousness of our blogs. Plus, you don't get tons of spam and you can set your profile so you aren't hassled by random people (and if you are, you can ignore them).

Also? I'm currently obsessed with Alton Brown. I've joined his Facebook fan club and am asking for his books for Christmas. I could watch his show 24/7. If he writes another book and has signings in Atlanta, I swear I'd drive 6 hours to see him. I know, I'm a bit mental today.

It's raining and raining, and all I want to do is stay in and do lots of nothing (other than the boy's bed). And that's probably exactly what I'll do today.

What are you up to this weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm about to be all about the food and beer. I ran last night and this afternoon, so I plan to drink guilt free LOL.

Amazing that you are just not getting a big boy bed! Shoo has been in one since about 14 months when he started climbing everything in sight. Thankfully, he doesn't get out of his bed unless I tell him he can.

I'm a big fan of Alton Brown too LOL.

Vickie said...

Laura - not sure you should be putting your last name and town out . . .

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, hate to ask, but what is facebook? Is it like myspace?

Allton Brown. I think I heard about some of his cookbooks, and they sounded very intriguing.

You asked what I was up to. I had a 'delightful day' today. I was partway through it, and decided that was what it should be, and it was. I think I'll write about it on my blog, because, as always, a big part of it being delightful centered around food. And, you guessed it, Roni's Big Chocolate Cupcakes!

Laura N said...

Thanks for watching out for me Vickie. I know several bloggers names & towns (sure they're famous, Pasta Queen, Diet Girl, MizFit) and a few other not famous ones, so I wasn't worried about it. I can edit this post when I do the next one so it's not "out there" for good.

Debby, Facebook is a social networking site, and I had a myspace account years ago but got spammed like crazy so I shut it down. Facebook allows you to choose who you are friends with--they don't get access to your stuff unless you approve them. Basically it's a way to keep up with people through quickie blurbs & email type updates. And you can post pictures that are easily viewable and upload easily. It's kind of a one stop shop for keeping in touch with people. Also, I've found people, or they've found me, that I haven't talked with for years. And now we have a way to catch up and stay in touch. I wouldn't want most of the people on FB to view my blog, but I like sharing the little day to day things with them, and seeing what they are up to, too. Your day sounds wonderful!

Also, FWIW, yesterday I did decide I was done with the food. Went to the movie & got no junk. Didn't eat at night last night. Am having a carb down day today--my food's all planned. I feel like a big weight's been lifted off my shoulders (no pun intended).