Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Checking in (163.2)

Still doing well.  Went to my 10th OA meeting last night.  I feel at home there. 

There are 30 questions in OA that you work through.  I just finished question 2.  I have become complacent and am not doing enough writing as OA instructs us to.  So I'm talking with my sponsor this morning about committing to doing one question a week. Otherwise this will take forever.

I'm using a composition notebook for my questions.  I may also take the time to type my answers into my blog, so you all can see what is going on in my head. 

Question 1 was my food history.  I don't need to type that here. This blog is my food history.

Question 2 is: Read step 1 (We admitted we were powerless over food--that our lives had become unmanageable). Reflect & write upon the effect food has had upon you over the years.  Do you truly see yourself as a compulsive overeater?  If so, explain.

More to come.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Are you able to stay in the present as you work on these questions and not get pulled into woulda/shoulda/coulda? Because if you can keep it positive and learning and facing forward, I think this sounds like a really worthwhile project. Do you look forward to the process? I agree that one question a week is a doable pace. It will keep you focused and on track without dragging it out or rushing it.