Thursday, July 07, 2011

Morning Run / No Weigh-in Today

I haven't run since Sunday. If I don't do it in the morning, it just ain't gettin' done. Jeez. Can't a mom carve out 45 minutes to herself after 7 am?!  Not this week, not this mom.

This morning I was up at 5:30 am, out the door at 6:00.  I did 3.15 miles in 41:38. Avg pace 13:17 min/mile.  The first mile I walked for almost 6 minutes to warm up; my second mile was in the 12:30 range.  I was shooting for another negative split on mile 3, and I was close, but it was 12:42. Oh well.  I am still happy with the workout, especially considering the air was like pea soup. 

My pace a few weeks ago was in the 14 min/mile range.  I am getting faster and stronger. 

I ate well yesterday, stayed at 1360 calories, and had no binging issues and no cravings.  I thought all afternoon about what I would do for the "afters."  Turns out, just thinking it through (at least yesterday) and realizing it was an issue really helped.  I kept busy with household chores, got the kids in bed at 9, and then got in bed at 9:30 myself.  I was asleep sometime after 10 pm, and slept all night.

I didn't weigh this morning because I didn't want the number on the scale to bring me down if it wasn't what I wanted to see.  I also don't want to pin my happiness on "oh look! I'm down a pound."  I need to weigh regularly for the feedback to know if what I'm doing is working; I do not need the scale to determine my self worth. 

I am not yet disconnected enough from the scale for it to not have that power over me.  Maybe someday, but not yet.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

bedtime is really a key point for you. I remember the post you wrote about thinking of bedtime as being the start of the next day. very good way of thinking about it. because bedtime either sets us up for the best chance at a good day or sets us up for a really hard day.

you are also right that scale is a tool and not an excuse.

it is 100% consistency of the habits (quality habits) which makes the difference.