Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday - Music, not TV

Listening to Stevie Wonder & other good stuff to go to sleep to. To clean the house to. To drive to. To blog to.

TV really can suck the life out of a day. Ya know? Music adds to life. I want more music in my life.

Feeling better today. Held onto that feeling that I wrote about yesterday. Didn't eat to soothe any feelings. Didn't eat at night. The feeling is still with me today.

My appetite isn't normal. It's pretty much not there. I don't know if it's a hangover from my strep throat, or if it's a little gift from the Universe. God gives graces when we least expect it sometimes. When we most need it.

Had a little break down this morning about Dad. But then it was over, and I'm having a productive day. A joyful day.

Tonight we are all going to the Japanese Hibachi place for dinner, then going to the cheap movie theater to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

We are supposed to get an inch of snow tonight. On top of the daffodils and Bradford pear blooms. Topsy turvy seasons, can't make up their minds. It's no bother though. The sun will be back eventually.

Sophie is sitting beside me practicing one of her songs from music lessons. It is heart breakingly appropriate. "When you smile and you sing, everything is in tune and it's Spring, and life flows along with a smile and a song."

2 comments:

Jill A said...

I feel the same way about music. It is very important to me, and sometimes I just get sick of the NOISE of TV. There are many time when I have told the kids, "I cannot take anymore Disney Channel!!", so I turn the tv off and crank up the stereo.

I wanted to tell you about the David Bailey CD you sent me - that Sunday morning after you sent it to me, I found a rare quiet morning to myself (husband was gone and kids spent the night with friends). I was ticked off because the house was a mess and just in a generally pissy mood. I decided to take advantage of the alone time, and I put in the CD. Before the first song was even over, my mood did a 180. It was so uplifting and exactly what I needed. The rest of the day was good, and I was in a good mood. THAT is the power of music, my friend! So thank you, for that. :)

So glad you are feeling better!

Vickie said...

I am so programmed to certain music that I (literally) can't sit still when it is on - have to move it, move it, move it.