Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Eve Eve

I am so ready to put 2008 to bed.

In a lot of ways, it was a great year for me.

I claimed my goal weight of 155 in February. I maintained an almost 60 pound weight lost for over a year. I ran a 7k, 2 5ks, and 2 half marathons. My kids are alive & well, growing & thriving, the lights of my life. My husband is alive & hanging in there, & I'm so thankful he has not given up.

Yet, like many people I'm longing for a new start. I'm ready to shed my winter fat. I'm hopeful for a better 2009 financially for our clients & ourselves. I'm praying we all stay safe & sound for another year. Lately I've been hyper-conscious of how precious life is, and how quickly it can be taken away.

I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions. Last year I made Groundhog Day's resolutions, but I don't think I kept many (if any) of them. But I am big on the metaphorical clean slate of January 1st. Fresh, clean, bright & shiny January 1st.

So let's get 2008 over with already and bring on 2009.
***
I am happy to report I'm going to hit my 500 mile goal for 2008. I've got 5.78 miles to run this afternoon (in 50 degree weather, no less) and I'll hit 500. I am so happy to have two nice round zeros on my yearly mileage. And I've stopped the weight gain. I'm maintaining around 155, which isn't where I want to be but at least my jeans still zip. For now, I'll take it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura that is awesome!! 500 miles and your still at 155 - I think that's amazing and something to be very thankful for.

Here's to a shiny happy January!!

Cindy said...

My jeans still zip too! And I am wobbling around 155 and maintaining my 50 pound loss. So hooray for progress, maintenance and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for hitting 500 and jeans that still zip. Happy New Year!

debby said...

Happy New Year, Laura! It's going to be a great 2009!

Heather said...

Happy New Year! Id say you had a great year, I know this one will be even better for you.