Wednesday, June 07, 2006

At Last!

The scale finally moved in the right direction this morning. 202. Down 4 lbs from Saturday. I knew I was retaining water, but it helps so much to see the confirmation of it on the scale. If I can hold it, then I'll be down about 4 lbs for the 4 weeks with WW. I can definitely handle that. That's 52 pounds a year.

What's my ultimate goal weight? I'd love to be down to 135, but even at my thinnest at age 23 I was 145. Can I get to 135 in my late 30s? I have absolutely no idea. At this point, I'd be thrilled to get into a size 12 in regular clothing stores and never have to shop at fat girl stores again. That's my goal for the end of 2006--to be a size 12. That might be aggressive, and if I end up at a loose 14 by Christmas, that's okay too. By next summer, I want to be a size 12. Then by Christmas of 2007 I want to be a size 10.... by 2008, a size 8. I think these are numbers and time frames that are attainable.

More goals--I want to run a 5K this fall. There are plenty in the area, and I am going to sign up for one and DO IT! Not sure I'll ever run a marathon, but I could perhaps do the 1/2 marathon in Evansville next year.....

Today is day 2 of week 2 of 5k program. I want to start yoga, but not sure if that will happen today or not.

Happy to be making positive progress.

PERSONAL TRANSFORMATION TAKES A LONG TIME AND A LOT OF WORK

1 comment:

Kyraylyn said...

Hi Laura,
Just thought I'd say hi as we are both links on AFG :-)
I also have very moderate goals of losing about 50 pounds a year.
It will probably take me 3 years plus to lose all the weight I want to lose.
For myself, I am taking this tack because all my others attempts at losing weight have been unreasonable to accomplish.
I am doing WW points but not doing the weigh-in as often...too much to lose right now to deal with the up and down of the scale.
The slower the better I figure!
Congrats on your success thus far!