Wednesday, June 07, 2006

2 hours and 15 minutes to myself

Tonight I got to go jogging/walking for 20 minutes AND took a 90 minute (NINETY MINUTES!) Yoga class. Mark kept the kids, even picked them up at day care and took them with him to the gym while he worked out. I didn't realize the yoga class was 90 instead of 60 minutes, had no watch on or clock in the yoga studio, so I had no idea until I was in the lobby after class that it was 7:45 p.m. As I was checking out, my cell phone rang. It was my husband wanting to know how soon I'd be home. But I wasn't annoyed b/c I had a great class and had been by myself, out of the office since 5:30 pm. For 2 hours and 15 minutes. It was heavenly.

Yoga was hard, but I did better than I thought I would. Depressing to see all the belly fat--where did that come from? I'm used to the big behind, have had it even at my thinnest, but my stomach looks 3 months pregnant. Getting older, babies, no muscle tone--I suppose this makes for a pudgy tummy. I want it gone.

So, keeping on track for today.

Personal transformation takes a long time and a lot of work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great workout! Yoga AND time alone, what could be better?