Friday, April 27, 2012

The new work place and my food

From a work stand point, I haven't been this happy in many many years.

Our new office is outstanding. The three partners we work with/for are
great. The other support staff are great. My office--with a door and
window and big desk-- is great. Mark is happy too.

We have gotten a huge response from clients. And I'm swamped! Which is
a very very good thing.

It has been rough, though. from a self care standpoint. There have
been days when I literally have no time to eat. And I come home at 7
pm and care for kids then at 9 dive into sugar. This has happened a
few times now. Enough that my body is back to craving sugar and food
when I'm not hungry.

Sigh.

3 steps forward 2 steps back.

I haven't exercised in weeks. I have no time or energy to cook. If it
weren't for Mark doing all the laundry the past few weeks we'd be
living out of laundry baskets.

It's temporary. It will get better.

What I don't want to happen is to get completely out of control. I'm
not there yet. I don't want to be a slave again. I want to eat
veggies and protein. I need quick fixes. I'm going to hopefully have
time this weekend to figure out some better alternatives for next
week. I don't want to have another week like this again.

I will post more when I have time. Going to go cook some Brussels
sprouts now and eat dinner at 8 pm.

3 comments:

Jill A said...

That's awesome about your new work place!! So glad it is working out.

And remember, 3 steps forward and 2 steps back is still moving forward. :)

Vickie said...

Jill has a good point. And you are aware of what is going on and looking for answers. Are you cooking chicken breasts or something so you have them ready to grab in the refrigerator? I think I remember you were taking plain frozen veggies for the microwave at some point in your past.

Was smiling at the thought of the old problem guy sitting alone in his office . . .

Vickie said...

how goes it from the land of Laura?