Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

We're in Indianapolis for Thanksgiving with Mark's family.  We got in last night around 10 pm our time (11 pm Indy time).  I was awake this morning at 5:30 our time, probably because my body clock is set to that time, and also because I just don't sleep well the first night in a hotel (even with my sleep meds).

Rather than fighting it, I got up, went downstairs to the breakfast area, had as healthy a breakfast as possible, and now getting ready to go running with Kate & her friend Jen.  We are doing 4 miles this morning.  That will burn about 400-450 calories--which just about equals a slice of pumpkin pie.

Family dinner is late afternoon.  I can't wait.  I love Mark's family & the time we get to spend with them.  His brother & niece (with her fiance) and nephew flew in from Colorado.  It's the first Thanksgiving in his sister's new house (she & my BIL moved from Evansville to Indy this year). 

My goal for Thanksgiving weekend is to not gain weight, to maintain at 168ish (Tuesday I was 168.6).  I'm sure there will be water weight to lose the first few days home, but by the middle of next week I want the scale to read in the 168s.  Then, seriously, I want the darn thing to start moving down again.

Goals need a plan, so here's my plan:  I'm running today, I'm running 6.5 miles tomorrow or Saturday, and I'm running Sunday morning.  I'm going to focus on relationships and conversations and relaxing at dinner, and not be obsessed about eating a piece of every dessert offered (I could skip all the dinner fixings & go right to the sugar, as I'm sure you're not surprised).  I know I can't exercise off bad food choices, but I can run so I feel healthy and energized.  Nothing keeps me focused on being healthy like a long run. 

I brought my hot tea fixings with me to the hotel for my night time relaxation hit, which is what I've been doing at home.  I have apples and raw cashews in the hotel for snacks.  Travel food is tough. I'm going to do the best I can. 

I hope you all have had a wonderful time this Thanksgiving with the people you love. 

I'll leave you with this picture that I got from a blogger/Facebook friend.  I really have to find this t-shirt. It is my new motto:

No comments: